Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the new moser rearends for the third gen f-body's with torque arm any good? if so are there any dealers for them here?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
We run consistent 4.80s and 90s without a problem. We have a moser housing , axles, third member, and torque arm mount. Our torque arm is BMR not moser. I am sure that their torque arm is a very strong piece and would work very good considering its front mounting point. Moser has some really nice pieces. We are a dealer for them, located in FL as shelton said.. but can have parts drop shipped. My number is 813 447 7026

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I just have the regular moser 9" with a stock style random tech torque arm. Been fine for 4 years and 1.2x 60 foots, I'm also using their through bolt aluminum center section.

The M9 looks like a nice setup, the PITA with the regular 9" and torque arm bracket is all that stuff has to come off to get the third member out, the M9 looks like you can get it out with the torque arm still attached.

The M9 is pricey but of you buy the regular housing, aftermarket torque arm and a trans crossmember for a glide/TH400 its not that much more in the end.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
I have a moser Dana 60 in the truck low 1.20 60's 3600 lbs its a rock, welded tubes, thicker case then oem

·
Registered
170 Posts
what shocks and springs are those? how much does your car weigh?
Strange double adj and stock springs cut about 1/2 .
The car weighed 3340 with me in it last year. This was with a bbc intercooled procharger and full exhaust. It should be about 3250 now with me in it with my new set up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
IM a Moser and BMR dealer, your not far away, let me know what you need and I can get you a price.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im looking at buying the m9 housing, studs, hardware, retainer plates, and possibly the arm and mount. when i bought the car it already had a custom torque arm built along with the mount which is part of the 25.2 cert. the housing itself will need big bearing ends. if i could get the axles too i will and they will be 40 spline. so i just want to get it and bolt it in ready to go without the center section and brakes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The mounts on the housing for the torque arm will be different. You will have to run there torque arm It mounts to the trans X-member.
Do you have room to run a stock type X-member?
If so we run this housing in our camaro it works very well we have been 1.29 dragging the bumper with it .
I can get you a good deal if ya need it

Brent
EPP

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'm building an M9 right now and it's a NICE piece. The fit on the back brace leaves a little (alot actually) to be desired. But if you buy one completely assembled from Moser then that wouldn't be an issue.

Craig

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The mounts on the housing for the torque arm will be different. You will have to run there torque arm It mounts to the trans X-member.
Do you have room to run a stock type X-member?
If so we run this housing in our camaro it works very well we have been 1.29 dragging the bumper with it .
I can get you a good deal if ya need it

Brent
EPP
the stock crossmember is gone. the t-arm mount is welded to the bar making up the bars for the 25.2 cert. would it be better to run a moser regular 9" housing and have it supported? can a moser 9" housing withstand 2000+hp on d/r?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am sure you could brace a stamped housing and make it work.
D/R you wont be hitting the tires as hard as the big tire guys do and I have seen plenty of 6 sec cars run a stamped housing. We could also get a M9 housing for ya without there tabs for the torque arm and you could weld on your custom ones.

Brent
EPP

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I didn't have the Moser housing or third member in my last car but did use their axles with M/W splines and M/W third member. I also had their third member in one of my other cars with M/W axles. (Both were 40 spline setups and I don't know why I swapped up from car to car....lol) I never had any complaints out of any of these products. Both cars routinely went 1. teen short times and both weighed over 3000lbs. I would have no problem suggesting their products to anyone and would be using them in our new car too but my partner had already purchased all Strange parts for that car. Both of the cars that had Moser products made well over 1500hp too. One had a Fab9 housing and the other had an aftermarket housing but it still looked similar to a factory setup. I'm not sure what company made the one in my Outlaw car to be quite honest but it was built by Parker Chassis and always took everything we could throw at it. I know it has been as fast as 4.50 with a 632 and a Lenco at 3100lbs so durability should not be an issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts