Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody uses them? also if anyone does what would be the best way to hook it up on a fox body sbf w/ dominator ?I was thinking about trying one to see. I still have the factory pedal in the car. any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Todd

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I run one on my car but all of the pedals and brackets are hand made. I just use the pivot ball on the pedal and throttle body with the female quick disconnect on eack end of the cable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone I have looked at looks just like a tranny cable and they are push/ pull design, Was wondering if the spring on the carb would be enough to pull the butterflys back, they just seem like they would be to stiff like. I am just tired of the lokar cable, Thanks for replying

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I use dual return springs and it is ok. I also have a toe loop on my accel pedal just in case I have to pull the throttle back manually.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
I have used morse on the fox body, you have to move and drill out the firewall bracket so that it dosn't situate the cable across the valve cover. The firewall bracket also needs to be drilled for a hairpin that secures the morse cable (they have a notch in them and the hairpin goes into it if you drill hole 'off center'). The car i did this on had a removable valance so all this was easier, the pedal is much closer than you might think. I did this for a fuel injected motor and the cable wrapped around and came in from the passenger side, you can turn the carb around too - fords have a history of running carbs backwards, check out a 'cammer' or any tripower. I would bet that it would be easier to make a rod linkage than morse cable. I might have pics of how i did this, if you have no other way to do this than morse give me a pm and i'll go digging. Good luck, oj

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Mine had to move up to the cowl area to line up with the throttle body. My cable just has jam nuts that lock it in place on the fire wall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, any picture would be a great help,I had thought about a rod but I just like the idea of a morse cable,I believe it would work better in my case. Jim if any way possible would like to see how you did your accel pedal w/ cable to it . Thanks for yalls info, Todd " were would be best place to get them?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts