Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the difference (besides price) between the Morel "racing" and "professional racing" lifters?

375# seat/900# open.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultra Pro Series with pressure fed oiling:

Needle Bearings
.842 and .875" diameter with .750" Wheel
295# seat pressure

.903 diameter with .810" wheel
421# seat pressure (30%) More

Bushing lifters, whatever you want to throw at them
They are 0.842. So I need the pro lifter? Are you a dealer? Price?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
They are 0.842. So I need the pro lifter? Are you a dealer? Price?
I would for sure run the ultra pro series Morels in you application, especially with .842" lifter. .904" would be preferred though with that kind of spring pressure.

·
Super Moderator
35,270 Posts
Ultra Pro Series with pressure fed oiling:

Needle Bearings
.842 and .875" diameter with .750" Wheel
295# seat pressure

.903 diameter with .810" wheel
421# seat pressure (30%) More

Bushing lifters, whatever you want to throw at them

Ya don't get information like that every day.

·
Super Moderator
35,270 Posts
Ya can't know what spring pressure someone does or does not need without knowing the system. 375 may be not nearly enough for some, 375 might be way more than for others. You can get in trouble going both directions....

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
Ya can't know what spring pressure someone does or does not need without knowing the system. 375 may be not nearly enough for some, 375 might be way more than for others. You can get in trouble going both directions....
Got a friend with an X275 car, 532 BB Chev, big 600 shot...runs 450/1000#, conventional head deal. I had this conversation with him and he says yes, he could probably use lower spring pressure but the car has the potential of blowing the tires off and can see 9000 at any moment's notice. When it does this he wants to be sure everything stays in control. Making rounds vs. maybe a little more power with less spring pressure...I can see his point.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
And with todays springs, I don't see the need for 1.650 springs anymore...........

Don't get me wrong , they have there places, but..........

I guess I just see what mine ended up being on the spintron and just say WOW.........

If the Op's motor is a BBC with conventional lay'd out lifter locations and is running ANYTHING less then a 1/2" pushrod, I can only imagine the amount of deflection
he has, and the amount of camshaft area he is losing........with that much spring.

Just my opinion..

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Scott,

I can see his point too, but what IF at say 9000 with that much spring , it's eating it self ALIVE.......

it all starts on the opening side of the lobe...... Deflection, and when it unleashes on the other side all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I know my shit is slow........................:confused:

did you have to remind me...........thanks man:)

Don't feel bad my dyno sheets are "slow" by internet posting standards. But have hundreds of wins on the track and multiple championships:smt017......Maybe the Gov is wrong maybe there is inflation :p

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
Scott,

I can see his point too, but what IF at say 9000 with that much spring , it's eating it self ALIVE.......

it all starts on the opening side of the lobe...... Deflection, and when it unleashes on the other side all hell breaks loose.
Not saying I agree or disagree with him. I just see his point. To add, and I don't want this to be taken as a recommendation because it's not, but they have two seasons of this spring pressure on a set of .842 Morel Ultra Pro's.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts