Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Precision makes an awesome product and i really do hope they get ahold of this issue before someone gets hurt. Notice that ive taken a close up of the wheel so you understand that it cleary says PTE not "Garrett"..

·
Registered
516 Posts
That doesn't look like a turbo failure....that looks like something ran through the turbine wheel. Why is everyone so quick to blame the turbo company.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Just to set the record straight, I did not approve of this being posted on here, and I do not appreciate it being posted without my consent. Alot of people will be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize whose turbo this is. In no way is my team laying blame on PTE, nor are we bashing PTE in any way. Have we been concerned with what has been going on, yes we have. After all that has happened to our tearm in the last several years, safety is a big concern for us. PTE makes some killer turbos as evidenced with the continuous wins that are produced with their turbos week in and week out. I'm sure PTE is working diligently to solve the problem, so there is no need in the continuing bashing. Next time, be a little more courteous and ask me if you can post something like this.

To set the record straight on the other side, that is not all of the turbine wheel. Like always, there are two sides of the story (sometimes 3). If pics of the compressor side were posted, things would be a lot clearer. The turbine wheel was in three pieces. That was not all of the turbine wheel, so don't just assume that something went through it. After this pass, we stuck a Precision Promod journal bearing 91mm in its place, and went 181mph the next run. That's right. We had a Precision Promod 94 ball bearing on one side and a Precision 91mm journal bearing on the other side, and went several more rounds. I just wanted to clear that up. Rob, that is in no way taking a shot at you bud. You defintiely had the best car this weekend and deserved the win. Thanks for what you did at the end. I will not forget that, and I will return the favor anytime if the tables are turned. Enjoyed the all ford powered final round. Hope we can do it again. I understand why you posted what you did, so we're cool. I'm sick of the constant bashing too.

There's no need in this thread to continue. Hope you guys will let it die. Thanks PTE for making some awesome turbos, and just to clear the air, no I'm not sponsored by PTE. I buy them just like everyone else.

Thanks,

All the guys at QuickTime Motorsports

·
Balls Deep N A Build
877 Posts
Just to set the record straight, I did not approve of this being posted on here, and I do not appreciate it being posted without my consent. Alot of people will be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize whose turbo this is. In no way is my team laying blame on PTE, nor are we bashing PTE in any way. Have we been concerned with what has been going on, yes we have. After all that has happened to our tearm in the last several years, safety is a big concern for us. PTE makes some killer turbos as evidenced with the continuous wins that are produced with their turbos week in and week out. I'm sure PTE is working diligently to solve the problem, so there is no need in the continuing bashing. Next time, be a little more courteous and ask me if you can post something like this.

To set the record straight on the other side, that is not all of the turbine wheel. Like always, there are two sides of the story (sometimes 3). If pics of the compressor side were posted, things would be a lot clearer. The turbine wheel was in three pieces. That was not all of the turbine wheel, so don't just assume that something went through it. After this pass, we stuck a Precision Promod journal bearing 91mm in its place, and went 181mph the next run. That's right. We had a Precision Promod 94 ball bearing on one side and a Precision 91mm journal bearing on the other side, and went several more rounds. I just wanted to clear that up. Rob, that is in no way taking a shot at you bud. You defintiely had the best car this weekend and deserved the win. Thanks for what you did at the end. I will not forget that, and I will return the favor anytime if the tables are turned. Enjoyed the all ford powered final round. Hope we can do it again. I understand why you posted what you did, so we're cool. I'm sick of the constant bashing too.

There's no need in this thread to continue. Hope you guys will let it die. Thanks PTE for making some awesome turbos, and just to clear the air, no I'm not sponsored by PTE. I buy them just like everyone else.

Thanks,

ENOUGH SAID!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks,

Im not bashing them just posting some pics up that i seen on another forum.. Thought some people might find this interesting. Like the first post say they make an awesome product and i hope they get this fixed. Good job this weeked

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Precision makes an awesome product and i really do hope they get ahold of this issue before someone gets hurt. Notice that ive taken a close up of the wheel so you understand that it cleary says PTE not "Garrett"..

You stated that "I've taken a close up of the wheel", So what kind of shit are you trying to pull by saying You say the pics on another forum. Sounds like your back tracking or flat out lying about something....

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Im not bashing them just posting some pics up that i seen on another forum.. Thought some people might find this interesting. Like the first post say they make an awesome product and i hope they get this fixed. Good job this weeked
Oh, and i'll also add that the photobucket account is your account, so again, what kind of shit are you trying to pull? Did you take the pics? If not then why are you hosting them, and more importantly why are you posting pictures of other people's stuff and acting like you know what the fuck is going on.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You stated that "I've taken a close up of the wheel", So what kind of shit are you trying to pull by saying You say the pics on another forum. Sounds like your back tracking or flat out lying about something....
I pulled this off another forum like i stated above. Not pulling any shit. Once again i simply just seen all this on another forum and posted it up. Word for word dont go fucking acting stupid and turning it into something it isnt..

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Oh, and i'll also add that the photobucket account is your account, so again, what kind of shit are you trying to pull? Did you take the pics? If not then why are you hosting them, and more importantly why are you posting pictures of other people's stuff and acting like you know what the fuck is going on.
Aw c'mon, remember the last thread he had on here? The one about buying that MAF and not getting the custom housing it went in.....

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
am i late to the party???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts