Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Wow. You'd have thought at Norwalk they would have been ending over backwards to make sure shutdown was safe, wouldn't you?

Sad.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
nhra runs the show not the track owners correct?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Wow. You'd have thought at Norwalk they would have been ending over backwards to make sure shutdown was safe, wouldn't you?

Sad.
x2. Especially since the Scott Kalitta top end tragedy at the previous event.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
x2. Especially since the Scott Kalitta top end tragedy at the previous event.
That was my point.

And to the prior poster: Yes. My understanding is that when the NHRA comes to town, they're the boss and handle everything.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
The water wasn't just seeping up in the shutdown. It was seeping up between the 330 and the 660 and down around the 1000 ft mark.

This has been going on since the opener in april.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous. That's WAY beyond dangerous.

On a side note (regarding the CP article) that's just once again that Rod Fuller and the help he and the people from CAT gave (including use of CAT equipment) goes completely unmentioned.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
This would Be Norwalk Ohio ? We had a car at Pinks All Out that randmoly seemed to break loose right around the 1000ft mark back in june on its first pass. I thought I had chassis issues but everything seemed to check out. We stopped using the right lane and did not have the same problem again in the left lane. . Saw a couple other cars do it to in the right lane.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Collins, odds are he was moved around by the strong crosswinds that are present at the track and moisture on the track wasn't the issue that day. I've raced there for over 20 years and you always need to watch the flags when running a full bodied car.

After they put the large stands in the problem seems to be greater than it used to be.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
"Mile-High Nationals P/SM runner-up Steve Johnson was in the third pair of motorcycles, and was stunned to find himself running through enough water in the right lane of the track just beyond the finish line to scare himself silly. Johnson rode his Suzuki directly to the end of the track, where he informed the driver of the Safety Safari truck that there was water on the track. He remained there long enough to hear the radio call made to, and received by other NHRA officials in Race Control. However, there was no stoppage of the running, nor was the track checked for water by members of the Safety Safari or other NHRA officials."

Its a joke right??? April fools and all that??????

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

Sad.

Like other guys have said. When the NHRA comes to town they run the show. Bill Bader Sr. and Jr. run a tight ship and they would not have let that happen if they knew about it.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Like other guys have said. When the NHRA comes to town they run the show. Bill Bader Sr. and Jr. run a tight ship and they would not have let that happen if they knew about it.
Ummmm.......I AM one of the "other guys" who said that. See above. LOL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I quit running national events 10 years ago. Got tired of being treated like the red headed step child. They hurry you into the staging lanes only to stop you to run all the other classes first.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Collins, odds are he was moved around by the strong crosswinds that are present at the track and moisture on the track wasn't the issue that day. I've raced there for over 20 years and you always need to watch the flags when running a full bodied car.

After they put the large stands in the problem seems to be greater than it used to be.
So have I. And they have had this problem on and off all season.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
The funny thing is they dug out a fairly large portion of the track (about in the middle) before the track opened earlier this year. Apparently there was an old stream crossing there from many years ago, and it was always a troublesome soft spot.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous. That's WAY beyond dangerous.

On a side note (regarding the CP article) that's just once again that Rod Fuller and the help he and the people from CAT gave (including use of CAT equipment) goes completely unmentioned.
frank manzo who is a top alcohol funny car driver was the one using the equipment. i believe natl dragster had pics of it with a very small writeup.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

might get worse because they are taking down those wooden grandstands behind the bathroom and putting up aluminum stands i believe over the off season to match the other side. so that is what im told by a norwalk employee.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts