Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Those cement-boats were never muscle cars......they got what they found: junk.
I love those cars, but I agree, not very qwik even with the CJ and 3.91's. A new 4cyl turbo whatever would kick the shit out of that and just about any other "muscle car" except for the biggest dogs of that era.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Those cement-boats were never muscle cars......they got what they found: junk.
I don't know how you can say anything from that era with a 428 SCJ wasn't a muscle car. Just like the 454 and 440 powered cars from the other manufacturers were muscle cars.

Are they fast compared to today's standards? No. But at that time, they were fast. They also had character. At least you could tell the difference from one model year to the next too.

·
FORD
3,583 Posts
That is exactly what a muscle car is..... A full sized car. People that refer to Mustangs and Camaros as muscle cars are the ones who are wrong.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
It's still amazing that these Gems are coming out of the weeds all these years later. Remember, we are in what these people would have considered the Future back in 1971. It's 2015 now. People thought cars would be flying by now but they're not and their old 1971 cars are still what we consider relevant.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
That is exactly what a muscle car is..... A full sized car. People that refer to Mustangs and Camaros as muscle cars are the ones who are wrong.
Correct. Those are pony-cars. To me, a 68-69 hemi road runner defines a real muscle-car.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Muscle car has to be able to fit at least 6 bodies in trunk like so

<<<<<<<
In my case, live bodies. How many times did we have 6 live bodies in the trunk of a car like that, sneaking into the Drive-In, or Wichita International Raceway? :-D

·
Aviation Section
25,585 Posts
O.K. Captain, from now on I will call those Pony Cars! Dave

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Don't care for the car but it's a cool find with a cool ending.

·
Super Moderator
46,599 Posts
Huge engines from a full size car, crammed into a midsize car = muscle car.

Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Barracuda, Javelins, AMXs, Firebirds, late 60s Cougars,...etc.....pony cars.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
They were faster than the over hyped chevies and were a terror on the race tracks. As for being heavy? Remember that they are a full size car.
I'd say its a mid size car. The full size Fords were at least a couple feet longer/wider than that car. Talk about heavy, whats the weight of a 1969 Galaxie?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts