Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest problem I see with most tracks, running heads-up classes, is not enough cars. What is more important, having a high car count (able to pay out more/further back) or inforcing the so-called "Appearance Rules", most of which have NO performance advantage whatsoever. Some of these rule I have seen:
  • Must have carpet
  • Lexan OK, as long as no visible fasteners
  • Stock appearing dash (carbon fiber or fiberglass OK)
  • Stock door panels
  • Must have two seats (even if it is a racecar)
Everyone has a different view of what they want their car to look like, so why should a person be excluded from racing just because their car doesn`t "fit the mold"/

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
How does that help car count?
I dont see a car count problem in some classes. Look at X275, appearance rules and more cars than can race. I dont think its the appearance rules that hurt car counts. It is when there are no rules car counts get hurt. The regular guy cant build 10.5 car to go compete because the rules are minimal. IMO, if you are going to have a "street" orientated race, appearance rules should be in place. As a racer you have the option to build to the rules or run another class.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont see a car count problem in some classes. Look at X275, appearance rules and more cars than can race. I dont think its the appearance rules that hurt car counts. It is when there are no rules car counts get hurt. The regular guy cant build 10.5 car to go compete because the rules are minimal. IMO, if you are going to have a "street" orientated race, appearance rules should be in place. As a racer you have the option to build to the rules or run another class.
X275 is an exception, not the norm, due to the exposure it gets. Most tracks run some variation of their rules but not all of them. Anyone who hasn`t been to a heads-up race and seen classes with only 4 or 5 cars hasn`t been to many races.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I say car count is more important. As long as they make weight, and fit the engine, chassis and tire specs they should race. Who cares if the car is hulled out in a class that has a minimum weight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.