Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Jimmy, you don't want my opinion of the track manager, Beth Rice. I suspect that if Dave Danish had not passed away last year, none of this would be happening.
Boy do I feel these same sentiments.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Not to offend any Cali people but why in the hell would anyone want to live out there?? They have more rules than a prison, are environmentally regulated to death, the cost of living is absurd and the ground shakes on almost a daily basis. Phuk that. :finga:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The neighbors around Pacific Raceways (formally Seattle International Raceway) tried to pull that shit years back. Now keep in mind the property was out in the sticks years ago but people built houses around it as is always the case. From what I was told the whole deal went to court and the owner supposedly reminded them that the property was zoned as a gravel pit (which it is) and if they shut his track down he would run gravel trucks in and outta there 24 hours a day 7 days a week and there wasn't shit that they could do about it. Bottom line is the track stayed open but they still have curfew issues. If any of you guys have been there you know that there are a few houses built right up to the entrance road on the North side. Why would you purchase a house near a dragstrip and then complain about the noise?
I am still pissed about Detroit Dragway closing for the same reasons and that was 15-20 years ago.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No sink holes, and the last hurricane was when? What the hell is humidity, and our child ubductions arent daily. Just a few reasons. But you do have some valid points.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Well, dont think I am going to spend much time defending California. I just spent 5 weeks racing at Indy, Bowling green, and National trails and loved it.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
How did you do, Lucky?

According to what Jimmy found out, there is one (1) person that apperently lives near the track that complained. Personally, I find it tough to believe. This track is litterally next to a railroad switching yard, approximately 30 feet from the track, and this is also the mainline between L.A. and San Diego. Right next to the railroad yard is a steel scrap yard. On the other side of the speedway is a huge steel smelter that operates 24/7. There is NOTHING near this track that is even CLOSE to a residence. On top of that, the NASCAR track is always being used for testing. Personally, I smell a rat.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would love to move next to a track........ Yep I would complain TOO!!!! If I didn't hear racing 4 nights a week I'd be on the phone tellin that owner how to run that place

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
No sink holes, and the last hurricane was when? What the hell is humidity, and our child ubductions arent daily. Just a few reasons. But you do have some valid points.
Child abductions unfortunately happen all over the country on a daily basis, just seems when in Florida they make national news. But we don't get mudslides, wildfires nearly as intense as Cali and the only town that is known for it's homosexual population we stuck as far south as you could possibly put it..:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I would love to move next to a track........ Yep I would complain TOO!!!! If I didn't hear racing 4 nights a week I'd be on the phone tellin that owner how to run that place
Phuck yeah. That's prime real estate as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
How did you do, Lucky?

According to what Jimmy found out, there is one (1) person that apperently lives near the track that complained. Personally, I find it tough to believe. This track is litterally next to a railroad switching yard, approximately 30 feet from the track, and this is also the mainline between L.A. and San Diego. Right next to the railroad yard is a steel scrap yard. On the other side of the speedway is a huge steel smelter that operates 24/7. There is NOTHING near this track that is even CLOSE to a residence. On top of that, the NASCAR track is always being used for testing. Personally, I smell a rat.
yeah and they are envionrnmentalist liberals

Someone like will complain just on principle, the principle that they HATE what we do.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Why would you purchase a house near a dragstrip and then complain about the noise?
The same reason people choose to live next to an Air Force base and complain about F-15's and B-52's taking off. They are retards.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts