Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have not been on to much lately(I have been all Fucked up)...I found out that he is Terminal!!! FUCK!!! I cant believe this shit. They are still going to do 2 more sessions of Chemo to try & do what they can & try to "prolong" his life for however long that may be.I lost Mom in 06 to Cancer & now it looks like Dad does not have to much time either. Fuck this..im done! Im tired of all this.All I can say to all of you who still have your Parents...Spend as much time with them as you can!Talk to them on the phone or whatever you can do to share time with them..because you never know when its going to end.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Sorry to hear..

My mom died of cancer at 57, so for those with much older parents, consider yourself to be more fortunate then I..

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Sorry man, cancer sucks. You gave good advice about apppreciating your parents while you can. Prayers for you and your dad.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
hang in there man. my best friend lost both of his parents within a year of each other to cancer when we were 21. all i can say is death brings anger. he saw a counselor after the second one(his mom) died. he swears up and down thats the only reason hes alive. dont be afraid to seek help if things get overwhelming. i will say a prayer for your dad. stay strong.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You will be in my prayers. Been in that spot before. Its one of the toughest things you will go thru. I miss my dad, every day still, and he was taken from us, from cancer, almost 7 yrs ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Will be thinking of you and your Dad. I myself,have been fighting cancer for the last 18 months. It is a tough feeling and believe me,your Dad is also thinking of you.-Tommy

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Sorry about you dad. I lost my mom in 2004 and my dad in 2006. Your advice is correct. I regret not spending more time with them when I could have. Lee

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,116 Posts
STAY STRONG BROTHER....YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN OUR PRAYERS!

·
Registered
19,925 Posts
wow, thats tough-i lost my father when i was in Viet Nam, my mom had altizmers (however you spell it) for the last 15-20 years of her life
its tough, you wish you could do more for them, but all you can do is hang in there
i have prostate cancer, still in the rearly stages, now a lab rat, so that shits always on my mind-if i knew i was gonna live this long i would have taken better care of myself, thats what everbody says anyway
hang in there, be strong, your not alone-control the stuff you can control, the rest just go with it

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Sorry about the news man... My prayers sent out to you and your family

·
Head Phuckstick
18,588 Posts
Lost my dad in 2001 (he was 52) to Mouth and Throat cancer. We thought they got it all when they took out a large number of lempnodes (Sp?), all his teeth, his tongue, and his epiglottis ( the flap in the back of your throat) {it was a 24hr surgery}.

I feel for anyone who has to watch one of their loved one go through that. (I knew it was bad when Dad told me he would rather die then live another day like that)

Shannon

·
Registered
667 Posts
Iam sorry to hear this that cancer is some bad shit may god be with you,Dad and family. Iam fortune enough to still have both my parents Iam the youngest 52 thay are 80 and 84 I spend as much time as I can with them

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Well I have not been on to much lately(I have been all Fucked up)...I found out that he is Terminal!!! FUCK!!! I cant believe this shit. They are still going to do 2 more sessions of Chemo to try & do what they can & try to "prolong" his life for however long that may be.I lost Mom in 06 to Cancer & now it looks like Dad does not have to much time either. Fuck this..im done! Im tired of all this.All I can say to all of you who still have your Parents...Spend as much time with them as you can!Talk to them on the phone or whatever you can do to share time with them..because you never know when its going to end.
Very, very true. Lost my Dad Christmas Eve 2002 and my Mom Fathers Day 2003. I wish I'd have known, there were so many more things to say....

Hang in there man. Be strong for your Dad. He'll need you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would do anything to spend a day at the track or even have a beer with my old man. Lost him four years ago at age 60. Knowing what it feels like losing him, I try to see my Mom as often as possible. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Real sorry to hear such bad news Steve. Stay strong, I lost my dad when he was only 51. I know how hard it is to deal with. Hang in there buddy

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Lost my dad to cancer as well. He was 62. Its tough but at least you, like I did, get to spend some time with him to say what you haven't said for years. My dad passed away in his sleep in my house. He was as comfortable as we could make him and everyone got to say goodbye. I wish he was still around though.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts