Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500"1600hp and under,race only, alky fuel,10-71,7k rpm max.what i am looking for is what head and cam would this need?what would you put on it/in it?what is too big?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
500"1600hp and under,race only, alky fuel,10-71,7k rpm max.what i am looking for is what head and cam would this need?what would you put on it/in it?what is too big?
Thanks!
i would use a indy predator head /make 12 to 1 comp put a cam in it with about a 80 area int closing at .050.spin that bitch 8600 and make more like 2200 hp/but thats me:p

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Thanks![/QUOTE.I would sell you that engine in my avatar fresh with everything you need .you could put a 4500rpm chip in it still make the power you stated .Its been 3.70s in 2160lb pipe rack with tuneup to spare:p

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am not dreaming that big.i was thinking a set of Indy 325 cnc or something but i am not sure of the intake port size and air speed and what would be too big.

·
Registered
927 Posts
7k, 500"?? B-1's are all you need. Fully ported they typically go a little over [email protected], but not much over. CNC the chambers when you get 'em ported, otherwise you're gonna be way up on compression. And the Brodix castings are nice and thick. S/F....Ken M

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your input!you are talking about the B-1 M/C correct?or the B-1 original?i have to use an offset lifter[roller] and there rockers[dove] or T&D?thanks!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Originals, MC's will do a little more, but not sure you need it if you're staying that small and low rpm. I'd do T&D(what I'm using) or Jesel, the Dove stuff has a bad rep. S/F....Ken M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts