Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my .060 over 440 real good this weekend. Time to do a replacement after 20 years or so. what stroker kits are advisable to avoid and which ones work? The car is 3700 lbs with me in it. A '68 Plymouth sedan.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I too used their (440source) 500" kit for an engine in my Daytona. That engine made 275 passes (8.60-8.90) before finding a cracked cylinder when I went to freshen the engine. I sold that assembly and it is still going strong and that guy is enjoying the heck out of it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I used a 528 kit from 440 Source.Just fired it up yesterday.Sounds great,but I'll have to wait and see how it does.I also used their cnc ported Stealth heads.I had to use an external oiling system even though some said you might be able to use an internal pickup.I couldn't find one to work on mine with the pan I'm running.If I knew that I would have went for the 543 kit.They are all the same price.A lot of good info on their sight.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have been running iron heads from a '76 motorhome with 12.5/1 compression. the car is relatively stock aside from the driveline and has ran a best of 11.99. 4 door '68 Satellite. Love that gold '69. That a Satellite? Or a GetX.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We run a 68 "More Door" also
with a 540 (440 source)

was able to use a internal oil pick up

Broke the Dana again, first time took the teeth off the gears

Second time twisted the axle tubes in the housing..Haven't made time to pull the trans for inspection
Have only installed a new Moser dana, to get it rolling again
Will repair the trans over the Winter

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
You could call Best Machine or Hughes Engines and see what they recommend. I guess there's a lot of 440source stuff out there running.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I have been running iron heads from a '76 motorhome with 12.5/1 compression. the car is relatively stock aside from the driveline and has ran a best of 11.99. 4 door '68 Satellite. Love that gold '69. That a Satellite? Or a GetX.
A Sport Satellite.I got her in 1988.

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
We run a 68 "More Door" also
with a 540 (440 source)

was able to use a internal oil pick up

Broke the Dana again, first time took the teeth off the gears

Second time twisted the axle tubes in the housing..Haven't made time to pull the trans for inspection
Have only installed a new Moser dana, to get it rolling again
Will repair the trans over the Winter
I could read/look at this stuff ^^^ all day. Waaay better than some $200k "use 3 times a year" fairy cake decoration. Mint. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts