Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this gas cap from the local Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Dealership today for our '01 Wrangler.

I guess they are referring to the package plastic & label. What a Shitbird way to do business. "Buy Made In The USA!"....yeah, right.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
GM does the same thing. Ford I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,214 Posts
TRUMP HAS BEEN TELLING YOU PEOPLE ABOUT THIS

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Maybe that's a gas cap for a Mexican Jeep.
Take it back and tell them you have an American Jeep.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Did the package state, on the front, in all caps "MADE IN THE USA"?
LMAO

Only a true GM nuthugger would come up with that. :smt082

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LMAO

Only a true GM nuthugger would come up with that. :smt082
lol. Per-Obama GM nuthugger. ;)

Shit, I'd call out any business for doing this, even it was my Pop's place. Wrong is wrong.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the whole vehicle thing is a subject all on it's own. This though, an individually wrapped part, is no different than going to the local meat market and buying a lb. of hamburger that states "100% ground beef" on the front label, in all caps, only to open it up and find car hairs in it. It's a labeling lie, menat to do nothing but mislead the consumer.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
lol. Per-Obama GM nuthugger. ;)

Shit, I'd call out any business for doing this, even it was my Pop's place. Wrong is wrong.
I've seen that shit happen all the time. Go buy a custom Harley part from a Harly dealer. Harley package, part made in Taiwan. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
136,777 Posts
Yeah, the whole vehicle thing is a subject all on it's own. This though, an individually wrapped part, is no different than going to the local meat market and buying a lb. of hamburger that states "100% ground beef" on the front label, in all caps, only to open it up and find car hairs in it.
The measurement is the same for all manufactures.. and it seems Ford and Chrysler fall short!! :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I've seen that shit happen all the time. Go buy a custom Harley part from a Harly dealer. Harley package, part made in Taiwan. :rolleyes:
Kind-of the same.

BUT, if the package & part both say Taiwan, then it's just a Taiwan part.

If the package says "MADE IN USA", then open part to find Taiwan stamped on it, then it would be the same.

I know, I know, it happens, and no bitching from me is going to change it. Just made me a bit sad really.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts