Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching this guy's stuff for a while, pretty enjoyable. What are your thoughts on this latest video discussing a bad design in the new Hemis?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
My last 3 vehicles have been 5.7 powered. No issues with sny of them. Dealer told me never use synthetic in a 5.7. My 6.1 required it.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two videos ago, he was praising the engine and saying how impressed he was with it.
I have 347,000 miles on my 2007 Ram. Never used synthetic either.
Yeah I've been watching the series, I'm mildly interested in doing one for fun.

·
Registered
615 Posts
He may be on to something. It's not like he is a goof pretending to know Mopars.
I've had several come to my shop with wiped cams due to failed lifters :censored:

Can't say for sure why they failed, but in each instance, they were from low mileage cars that were pretty much babied all their lives, but with extremely long idling periods (Charger security vehicle, 300c elderly couple with autostart, etc.), so yeah, he may very well be on to sumthin :confused:

Never heard of this happening on a car that's been beat on :unsure:

·
Custom User Title
1,626 Posts
LS have he same issue.
Maybe Tony is in the wrong business being a You Tuber ?
Automotive lubrication engineer consultant or the lifter whisperer on tlc

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Well that 318 he built was a piece of shit, full of dirt, wrong pushrods/lifters, no gasket on oil pump, no oil pressure, rocker stand put in upside down, and made a whopping 244hp. Yikes.
Bottle rocket? How dare you! I watch utg, he is amusing. I watch him because he isn't a youtube pussy. He cusses & smokes & doesn't give a fuck. Just a normal guy. He has a cult following.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Damn, had ‘03 ram with 5.7. Synthetic in it at 1k and had 225 on clock when I dumped it last spring. brother did replace valve stem seals. He is still putting mikes on it. No other engine work other than plugs and oil changes.

·
Banksters Paradise
6,481 Posts
Well that 318 he built was a piece of shit, full of dirt, wrong pushrods/lifters, no gasket on oil pump, no oil pressure, rocker stand put in upside down, and made a whopping 244hp. Yikes.
He needs to learn the gift of junkyard 5.3/5.7/6.0 LS swaps, and leave those clapped out 318/60 builds back in the 1980/90's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts