Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curious on opinions on this set up. tried before with Cal Tracs and 315/60 Mickeys. no luck with traction and car just seemed to unload the rears when the front end came down after launch. the rear is a dana 60 w/4:10 gears. convertor flashes to about 6k at launch. car has a small block/nos. I think the difference between my car and other Mopars with stock suspension is the front end set up. AJE k-member and a-arms. coil overs in the front vs torsion bar. due to the coil overs (in the stock location) front end travel or extension on the shocks is only 2.5 to 3 inches. i have the longest stroke Afcos I can fit on the front. 14 inches at rest and extend to approx 17 inches. pictures I have seen of stock suspension Mopars seem to lift the whole car and fully extend the front end. tried the Cal tracs in upper and lower holes. rear shocks are also Afco double adjustables. I even bought the longer da shocks once I discovered a bent coilover bracket with the other shocks. for the record the car is set up for 4 link (in the car now) or leafs. Mopar guys please share your combos. maybe I am missing something obvious. would like to be able to race locally more often thanks for your time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
caltrac, split mono leaf w/ one inch lower caltrac in top hole one flat preload on pass side two flats on driver side 315 MT's 4.10 dana the front suspention is set up like a SS/AH car the stock k member has been slide forward 1" with the lower ball joints switched from side to side to make i a front steer and a rack. goes 1.25 60' and with 7* caster it is straight as a string at 165mph. on the leave with all stock parts it would wheel stand bad so i used aje wheelie bars and limited travle to 2" the only thing not stock from 1974 is the upper mount piont of the shocks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts