Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After racing last season with a tape measure alignment...I want to get my car aligned this year so it stops darting around. I may have access to a laser align machine so If Anyone has any tips on where the front end should be I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows someone in the west suburbs of Chicago that would do it that would work too. I have had no luck with anyone that knows drag racing. Would a stock street alignment work just as well?

The car right now is stock suspension with poly bushings. Right now I can adjust camber by the offset upper bushings and toe with the tie rods. I can buy an adjustable strut rod setup to ad a caster adjustment also...would that be worth it? also I'm on the stock tie rod sleeves with the seam right down the length of them...should I get some billet ones or something or are those pretty fail safe? The car might yank the tires a little but I don't need it ready to drag the bumper. Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The lower control arm should be perpendicular to the centerline of the car. So it's 90 deg with the torsion bar. Hopefully the factory stuff puts it there. Forcing caster with an adjustable strut bar is not correct but if it's needed to place it at the correct angle, so be it.

You will get enough adjustment with the upper eccentrics. Just run the front ones outwards and the rear ones inwards. The instructions show to place them facing both the same way. Which is not really helping with the problem, not enough positive caster.

Find a shop that will set it up to YOUR specs. If they use the books you car will leave with negative caster and uneven camber side to side.
Set it up for -0.5 camber, factory toe in (error towards zero) and as much positve caster your combination will allow. 2 or 3 positive will be good.

As for factory tie rod sleeves. 20 years ago when I drove those Mopars as drivers, toys and beater. We were jumping ramps, driving through fields, hopping over curbs etc. Wrecked a few rims, destroyed many tires even broke the whole damn car but never seen a tie rod connector break.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts