Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I see that you have gone ahead and put a turbo on your car What is a good ballpark figure for the turbo, intercooler, fuel system and so on.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
$2200 = 106mm turbo
$2400 = intercooler
$900 = 60mm wastegate
$720 = injectors
$250 = throttle body
$50 = TPS sensor
$90 = MAP sensor
$15 = Oil drain
Total for turbo parts = $6625 (These are mostly retail prices and you can fnd better deals)

$1550 = 304 SS tubing, aluminum tubing, V-clamps and Misc..
$300 = 304 SS header flanges
$600 = 2 merge collectors
$200 = Crossover pipe
Total for header and intercooler parts = $2650
Total to have this stuff done by a shop will run between $8000 - $16000

Pistons = $500
Cam = $400
FAST Unit = $3300
Fuel Pump = $850
Water cell = $150
Waterpump = $300
Convertor = $1100
Boost controller = $200
CO2 bottle and misc = $400
Total for motor mods = $7200

Grand total for you to convert will be (doing headers & intercooler work yourself)... $16475
Having header/cooler work done for you = $21825 (low end)
Having header/cooler work done for you = $29825 (high end)

Do the work yourself and you will need..

Tig welder = $1800
Tig misc = $400
Grinder/sander = $200
Bandsaw = $600
Total for tools needed = $3000

Total for all tools and doing work yourself is $19475

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Post to Don Bailey in BAILEY'S PALACE on the main forum here and ask him for help. He can set you up with a full system at an excellent price. Excellent guy to work with and he will even tune your stuff for you if you get it from him. Now that help is priceless...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is the only reason why i am apprehensive about going turbo is being totally lost with everything that there is to do on them combo's But to be competitive it is either turbo or a nitrous boat anchor

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using a symmetrical port cylinder head or a spread port?
How may cubes was you nitrous engine?

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Its a splayed valve Chevy head

The nitrous motor was a 461 then moved to a 422 last season. The 422 was a better over all nitrous motor. A lot less problems..

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
No problem bro.. anything else please ask.. Remember to post to Don.. he will also answer anything you need. He frequents the site and will answer you pretty quick

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just undecided on what to do as of yet I built a killer 25.2 car in my garage with the help of my dad now I need to step up the combo to make it super competitive. Right now I have a 458 Brodix block sbc nitrous motor. I'll remember don too thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that really suck when you get something finished and your not happy with the end product I know the feeling. It's all about taking pride in your work. I could spend a month working on something for my car and if it dont look right for whatever reason i'll throw it in with the scrap and start over.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
LOL I think we are brothers.. :-D Funny story.. I didn't know if I should redo the intercooler stuff or not.. So I cut it all with a bandsaw and said "Hey Monty you're fucked now.. ya gotta make new ones" :-D

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Grrrrr cutoff wheels.. I was using a 6" electric cut off wheel a few years ago cutting out a braket from inside the car. Damn in a flash the shit went whipping around in the car.. I said WTF!! I stepped outta the car and fell to the floor.. Awww shit my leg is fucked.. So I hop to the bathroom and wash it.. Oh well looks like my hand is fucked too... I wash it, get some duct tape (no lie) and close the leg up. I put a few bandaids on and figured everything would be fine.. I look down and blood is all over now.. Aww shit I gotta go to the hospital... hope in my car and have no clue where one is.. LOL I drove to Pontiac and went in.. Well I was on the waiting list for 1 hour before a nurse came out and said "if you need stitches go to a clinck about 20 miles from here.. Well anyway 47 in the leg and 7 in the hand and I was back on my feet the next day cutting that stupid ass braket outta the car but with a new cut off tool with contolable RPM... :-D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is a funny story. I had one come flying off the arbor too once I dodges it but hit my head off the cage :-D :-D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts