Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any lawyers out there or paralegals i got a question.
my grandmother passed away and she left my aunt to control the estate and will. my grand mother told us that she had put monies aside for each of us grandchildren but never told us the amount ,that my aunt would tell us and would distribute moneys. well two years later and to date she has given my brothers , me each 45k but i over heard my aunt telling her daughters that there was over 5xxg's in total monies between the house which just sold (135k) she told us she put 30k inthe house to sell it. didnt show us any reciepts or anything. she said she had to deduct that from the money. how do i find out total value of monies in the banks and how do i get her to show me the will? in need advice. me and my brothers think she is hiding more money than she said and that she paid her daughters more than she paid us. and now that we are asking questions she wont take are calls or wont anwser her door? what do i do?

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
You talk to a real lawyer and see what you rights are in your state, do not seek advice on forums for questions of this magnitude, as a wrong action on your part could have irrevocable consquences.

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
Lets see you have a 434 Nova and 200+ posts on yellowbullet and your grandmother has decided not to let the money pass directly to you.......Sounds like a smart lady to me ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
im not a lawyer but im goin threw the samething my dad past feb 2009 its a long story with his wife but the will has 2 go threw probate court 2 b legal & u can get a copy of it there

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
I'm curious on what you spent the $45 K on she gave you? Not that it's any of my business, but that's a decent # to have someone cut you a check for.

any lawyers out there or paralegals i got a question.
my grandmother passed away and she left my aunt to control the estate and will. my grand mother told us that she had put monies aside for each of us grandchildren but never told us the amount ,that my aunt would tell us and would distribute moneys. well two years later and to date she has given my brothers , me each 45k but i over heard my aunt telling her daughters that there was over 5xxg's in total monies between the house which just sold (135k) she told us she put 30k inthe house to sell it. didnt show us any reciepts or anything. she said she had to deduct that from the money. how do i find out total value of monies in the banks and how do i get her to show me the will? in need advice. me and my brothers think she is hiding more money than she said and that she paid her daughters more than she paid us. and now that we are asking questions she wont take are calls or wont anwser her door? what do i do?

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Granny's dead, now I want my cut! Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you got a good chunk already and now you want more, or at least want to make sure nobody is getting anything more than you do. Again, if I'm wrong I apologize, but if not than that is pretty shitty.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ask to see the will. It should be spelled out there. If not and your Aunt is executor of the unwritten will of your Aunt it's all up to her.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats not it . its not a money issue we dont now how to go about seeing the paper work thats it so dont pass judgement. we just want directionon how to see the docs.
Granny's dead, now I want my cut! Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you got a good chunk already and now you want more, or at least want to make sure nobody is getting anything more than you do. Again, if I'm wrong I apologize, but if not than that is pretty shitty.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Money can fuck up a family, I have seen it happen. Not passing judgement, just asking. I hope you get the info you seek.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Where there's a will there's a relative!!!

My late wifes family tried to "grab" monies from her life insurance policy when she passed away. They wanted to set up a "foundation" that her brother could run (and this is a direct quote) "sink his teeth into" (ie he had no real job) I havent spoken to them in the 8 years since she died.

Guess money brings out the best and worst in people huh?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my grandmother kept us all focused as one. when she passed it all went away . money has made my aunt very selfish in life and towards us . she married into money and my dad didnt have it we lived day by day. but my grandma didnt care she loved us all the same. when my father passed. she look down to us even more . we just want know the truth.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
There has to be an Estate Lawyer overlooking the particulars. . . .

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Quit banking on free money. I would see what the will said and if you think there was something not right call her out on it. Then tell her to keep it and stay the fuck away from you and your family. Then call all your relatives and tell them what a piece of shit your aunt is. Remind her every week how she will be remembered when she passes. But never bank on free money. There is no such thing.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Quit banking on free money. I would see what the will said and if you think there was something not right call her out on it. Then tell her to keep it and stay the fuck away from you and your family. Then call all your relatives and tell them what a piece of shit your aunt is. Remind her every week how she will be remembered when she passes. But never bank on free money. There is no such thing.

See what I mean? All that drama^ over some money.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am pretty sire that a will is public record...You should be able to see what was spelled out in in...Also like others have mentioned there should have been an attorney over seeing the process....If not an estate attorney is the way to go....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this has caused so much ill will . i dont even care about the money . i just want to see what my grandmother said to us, what she was feeling when she wrote this. was she sad, happy? just closure is wanted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts