Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nailing me because I bought a new dually and calling me money bags..when money is no issue for a 700 incher..damn the nerve lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That would be low maintenance and make a full season??
Don't blowers on meth need a bunch of maintenance??

I had a customer send me his roots blown 540 with 250 passes on it since he got it from me new. Was tired but damn, 250 laps i thought was pretty reasonable.

We did a 747 in a 5" block for a guy, 4.725 bore and 5.300 stroke.. He sprays it pretty hard it goes 6.20's in denver.. so i wanted to keep the sleeves a little thicker for strength
in a 5.300 id go bigger bore obviously, and less stroke. Although the torque of teh longer arm would lend itself to less rpm. 5" bore, 4.875" stroke would run forever. and make really good reliable power
hell, even in a 5" you could go 4.750 X 4.875 and have a stellar piece

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nailing me because I bought a new dually and calling me money bags..when money is no issue for a 700 incher..damn the nerve lol
That must have been before I came out of retirement and made a bunch of Trump money!!

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had a customer send me his roots blown 540 with 250 passes on it since he got it from me new. Was tired but damn, 250 laps i thought was pretty reasonable.

We did a 747 in a 5" block for a guy, 4.725 bore and 5.300 stroke.. He sprays it pretty hard it goes 6.20's in denver.. so i wanted to keep the sleeves a little thicker for strength
in a 5.300 id go bigger bore obviously, and less stroke. Although the torque of teh longer arm would lend itself to less rpm. 5" bore, 4.875" stroke would run forever. and make really good reliable power
hell, even in a 5" you could go 4.750 X 4.875 and have a stellar piece
That's how I'm leaning now, do it right and hope it will last forever!!! and no more damn bottles.
This years engine is already being assembled, but the 5.00 x 4.50 sounds like a decent dial in combo??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Loan me some of that Trump money so I can build a procharger motor.

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Call me in December when I'm dumping money to save on taxes!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That's how I'm leaning now, do it right and hope it will last forever!!! and no more damn bottles.
This years engine is already being assembled, but the 5.00 x 4.50 sounds like a decent dial in combo??

i would put more stroke in in honestly. i truly dont think 4.750-4.875 would be hard on itself at all in a 5.300 block. hell we do 4.750 all the time and spray the shit out of it and dont hurt it...lol

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I will absolutely do what ever Sonny tells me is the best combo.
I need 100 runs with out having to ship it back in the middle of the season.

The blown alcohol is out, I can't fit the fuel cell with out a bunch od surgery to the front I don't want to do.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sonny is 45 mins from my house. Super nice people down there.

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Sweet, lunch on you when we head down to design the new combination.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

The blown alcohol is out, I can't fit the fuel cell with out a bunch od surgery to the front I don't want to do.

You cant fit a 6 gallon fuel cell in there???

Jim

·
time to go racing yet ?
30,920 Posts

makes no sense to me, guys have stated you could build a very reliable blown bbc that could last a few years..... you could also probably build it for under 30k, maybe 20k if you did some cheap parts....... but your going to let a fuel cell dictate what you run ?

if your already set on a 700"er and your going to do what ever sonny tells you, then call him up stop wasting your time and ours by posting these threads.

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
He's a thread happy, type happy Whore....
He ain't buying no Sonny's engine or anything for that matter.... Hell he won't even answer my questions...
Where's time slips of his already 213 mph passes and video of his ass in the seat...
Full of shit he is....
I think he's the new 1Gary.

·
T/S 368E
26,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I did stop posting about the engine and was answering direct questions only or trying to screw around.
I absolutely should have mentioned I don't want to cut the carbon fiber body or chassis to fit a blower & bigger fuel cell!!!
100% my fault, I meant to post in the naturally aspirated section, not here.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts