Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was recently diagnosed about two months ago. Now she went in for follow up on some more test she had done. Results are that it has spread to her Lungs. This is very sad news for all of us. I see her getting weaker and frail. She is in pain and agony. Wish there was more I could do for her. There was a procedure that they could of done, but the surgery would of taken over 8 hrs. Doctor said that she more then likely wouldn't survive the operation. They were going to give her Kimo to her her with the pain and illness. Not sure how much longer she will be here with us. I am 1st Born, and this is really hitting me hard. So, Please keep my Mom in your prayers as she and us would really appreciate it.

God Bless

·
Mother Hen
51,760 Posts
My prayers are with your mom and you. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in 2009. It's a bitch and my heart goes out to you all.

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully she can get some help to control the pain

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Stay strong, she has lived a long life. I am waiting for my Mom someday to leave this Earth. Very tuff to deal with !

·
Registered
949 Posts
She was recently diagnosed about two months ago. Now she went in for follow up on some more test she had done. Results are that it has spread to her Lungs. This is very sad news for all of us. I see her getting weaker and frail. She is in pain and agony. Wish there was more I could do for her. There was a procedure that they could of done, but the surgery would of taken over 8 hrs. Doctor said that she more then likely wouldn't survive the operation. They were going to give her Kimo to her her with the pain and illness. Not sure how much longer she will be here with us. I am 1st Born, and this is really hitting me hard. So, Please keep my Mom in your prayers as she and us would really appreciate it.

God Bless
The people at Hospice are Angels, they can do much for your mom and your family.

·
Registered
16,050 Posts
Sorry to hear this, prayers sent

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
I lost a good friend to that many years ago. Sorry to hear about your situation. FWIW, my friend had the procedure you're probably referencing, it's called a Whipple procedure and it's pretty drastic. My friend was young (30s) and in good health but that procedure was hard on her. It didn't help my friend in the end anyway, cause it had already spread to her kidneys but it was apparently too small to see at the time of the surgical procedure.

·
Registered
686 Posts
My step grandfather died from it couple years ago. He wasn't diagnosed until it was terminal and died the next day and now my uncle was just diagnosed yesterday. I wish the best for you during these tough times.

·
Registered
479 Posts
So sorry to hear this, I lost a sister to pancreatic cancer 2 1/2 years ago, she was 46. As much as I hate to tell you this, prepare yourself for the worst. It is a very ugly and hard way to die. Lean on your loved ones,you will need each other.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts