Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see that Modotek provides any info regarding wiring with a T-brake and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I have a 2-stage set up each stage with it's own relay.
Prior to the 2 N20 relays, I have a relay wired to both the T-brake and Both N20 Relays.
The normally closed side passes power to the N20 relays except when I hit the T-brake, then the normally open side sees the power to hole the T-brake noid.
This is only intended on keeping the N20 from flowing when on the T-brake.

The modotec will let you set ramp based on either RPM or Time. I prefer time, but how to tell it to start when I am already WOT on the T-brake.
Will the built in window switch then become the start timer?

I suppose I could tap in to the NC side of the T-brake/N20 pass through relay and use that as the main 12v power to the Modotec?

Any info / thoughts would be great.

Shaun

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a bit more testing.

The way it is with the 12v on the controller tied to my T-brake relay NC side, it works fine in bench testing. Release the T-brake and the controller start its function. The issue however is you can't have the data logger running.

Talking to another user, he suggested I put a relay in line of the TPS wired NC from the T-brake. This would brake the TPS voltage to the controller, once the T-brake is released the controller instantly sees WOT and activates the timer. I might go this route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts