Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RACERS MEETING FOR MODIFIED AND MODIFIED JR CLASSES AT ERP

We are having a meeting to discuss the rules for our lbs. per cubic inch classes that we started last year. Please come only if you are serious about participating in the class or know of someone who is. We will consider all constuctive ideas but not looking to make any major changes to the basic format we started last season.
Date of meeting: Satuday, Januany 15, at 2 pm.
Location: Van Sant Auto Collision Repair, 80 Truman Rd., Pella Ia. 50219.
If possible bring your own lawn chair and let Gerald know if you are coming at 641-780-3534 or email him at [email protected].
Thanks to Bruce Van Sant for the use of his shop. Call Gerald if you need directions to the meeting.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update......
The meeting was today in Pella, IA. Great time and good dialog. The biggest decision was to adjust the rule for Automatic cars. Instead of allowing a 50lb weight break for everyone it will now be 5%. Example is if your car weighs 3000lbs you would get a 150lb weight break. Come on out guys.......it is a lot of fun for all!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Update......
The meeting was today in Pella, IA. Great time and good dialog. The biggest decision was to adjust the rule for Automatic cars. Instead of allowing a 50lb weight break for everyone it will now be 5%. Example is if your car weighs 3000lbs you would get a 150lb weight break. Come on out guys.......it is a lot of fun for all!
I assume this applies to the Jr. class as well? If so that is great. I can remove 175lbs! I plan on running as many races as I can. It should be fun!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume this applies to the Jr. class as well? If so that is great. I can remove 175lbs! I plan on running as many races as I can. It should be fun!
Yes it applies to Jr Modified as well as Modified. Come give it a try.....lots of fun to be had!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is the average car count?
Eddyville raceway committed to Modified racing for at least 3 seasons. This past year we averaged 7-9 cars in each catagory. Obviously more cars are needed to continue it's growth. We are hoping to average 12+ cars at each of the 5 scheduled races this year, in both classes. This type of racing in not for everyone. It pushes you and your ability to rise to the top. Come out and give it a try......

First race is scheduled for May.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes it applies to Jr Modified as well as Modified. Come give it a try.....lots of fun to be had!
Any other changes talked about.
I have tried it and won the last Jr. race of the season. I had a good time although I was running around like crazy since I was also running in the 10.5 class, which I might do some again this year (cross my fingers and hope I get lucky for a round or 2).

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so whats the under average or how far under is needed to compete? from what i read its like comp.
From what I recall the Modified JR didn't have anyone under their index. In Modified if you could run your index, or get under, you were a player.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When will Eddyville post the updated rules? Kind of hard to make changes to the car without knowing the rule changes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
From what I recall the Modified JR didn't have anyone under their index. In Modified if you could run your index, or get under, you were a player.
From what I saw no one was close to their Jr index (like .5 off). As of last year (I think things will change this year) the class was easy pick'n.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts