Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys be interested in building some carbon fiber valve covers for a DOHC mod motor?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
We would be, yes. Are you talking about the entire housing cover, or just the oil cover? Post pics of them off the engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a set from a GT500, most would prefer some very similar but with bigger timing gear area like on the Ford GT super cars.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
There would definitely need to be some minor design revisions to make them work. And they would be very, very expensive. All those little nooks and crannies make carbon layup a real time consuming pain in the ass. Price-wise, they would be in the neighborhood of our Hemi valve covers, which is $1600 a pair. They actually seem to be a bunch more complicated than the Hemi covers. You would need to send me a set of covers to mold. If you wanted GT Supercar covers, that's what I would need you to send.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Roush made some a while back for a racing application. They removed a lot of the nooks and crannies for what I'm sure was "ease of fabrication."

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Yeah, that would be a way better, way easier design to do. Still a pain in the ass because of the spark plug tubes, but better than the factory pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.