Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of horse power has been made with a good MLS gasket? I know tune up is key. Just wandering at what point should you use O ring set up?

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
What kind of horse power has been made with a good MLS gasket? I know tune up is key. Just wandering at what point should you use O ring set up?
Why phuck around just use copper head gaskets o-ring the heads and receive groove the block .that way there's no guessing ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why phuck around just use copper head gaskets o-ring the heads and receive groove the block .that way there's no guessing ;)
I agree with you, but the car had Mls gasket when I bought it. I was wandering at what point I should upgrade.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i went the times in my signature with an mls gasket.... however, the downside is that it nips a head or a piston before it burns a gasket.... one little boo boo and shes all bad!... i just recently converted to o-ring and receiver groove to stop the damage.... im sure alot of it has to do with head retention (how many head bolts and what size the fasteners are) and bore to bore dimensions .... keep in mind one thing, the mls requires a super smooth finish every time it goes back on... which means a cleanup pass every time... which means more and more meat gets removed... eventually you find yourself buying fresh heads lol

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
I agree with you, but the car had Mls gasket when I bought it. I was wandering at what point I should upgrade.
What combo you running ? I have made over 2000 hp with mls gaskets but don't really like them

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
377ci 9.5 man o war block, Bryant 3.70 crank, Oliver rods, 9.1 compression, Ross custom pistons, TEA high ports, standard twin precision 67/66. I'm in the process of changing to air to water. I'm hoping to make around 1300hp to the tires if possible. I've been racing for years with nitrous, this is my first go with turbos. Got a lot to learn! I'm willing to step the turbos up if necessary?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts