Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed a timing belt on a mitsubishi outlander truck--and the dam thing doesnt have a serpentine belt diagram under the hood--i cant find one online either

and its too hot out there to be fucking around trying to guess the routing

anyone have a diagram handy? or know of one i can see online?

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2003-and sorry i dont have a fax machine

im thinking maybe this car had that diagram-but looks like the front clip may have been replaced-and they didnt move that sticker to the new clip{or mistubishi is dumb enough to just not put one on there?}

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I'll try and describe it then, under the crank, over the tensioner, around the alternator, under the w/p, over the p/s pump, aorund the a/c over the idler back to the crank..

I would say they are dumb enough not to put one on there..

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Ahhh, somebody else owns a "time bomb"

Tic-toc-tic -toc-tic- toc....... Phone call from wife last week: Honey the a/c does not cool very well when I am stopped........ Me: oops time for another fan control
module.
Me: There is one in the glove box just unplug the wires as you see them and plug in the new box the same way, then just shove it behind the battery and I will fasten it in when you get home.
Her: ok it cools again, you are so smart.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Ahhh, somebody else owns a "time bomb"

Tic-toc-tic -toc-tic- toc....... Phone call from wife last week: Honey the a/c does not cool very well when I am stopped........ Me: oops time for another fan control
module.
Me: There is one in the glove box just unplug the wires as you see them and plug in the new box the same way, then just shove it behind the battery and I will fasten it in when you get home.
Her: ok it cools again, you are so smart.:rolleyes:
Which fan control unit is in there? The updated part, or the second updated part?:p

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys--truck is finished-customer is happy

i had it close but had 1 idler pulley wrapped wrong--the info helped a ton

THE POWER OF THE BULLET!!

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
other than that, there isn't much wrong with them, except the heater controls/box..

well all this is great info,so as my customers truck craps out i know what to look for

im in florida where the a/c system is used heavily--im sure il be fixing that soon enough as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts