Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes bigstuff 3 tuned and ran great for about 5 passes then a transmission broke 3rd gear decided to make a pass with 1&2nd only car banged and popped like it was on a 2step and rolled foward while it was not on the transbrake. No biggie right. I replaced the trans then i replaced both fuel filters and plugs. Car still acts like its on a 2step @ 2-3000 rpms it has 38-40 psi of fuel pressure and the trans brake still doesnt hold the car. What else should i check?

·
Eddie Haskell
7,851 Posts
You trans is still not right and check your valvetrain. If you have all the speeds and reverse you may not be getting power to the brake solenoid or it has failed. Also take a good look at your valvesprings etc. May have tagged something when the trans let go. Compression/leak check may be in order.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay thanks i went through and checked all of the valve springs and they are still good, it has all speeds and reverse so i hooked up a test light to the solenoid and checked it a few times it works. should it be open or maybe have a recomended resistance value? going to pull the trans out and take it to another trans builder this one is a pa super comp c4 and try a independent shop to double chck it. Today i replaced the cap and rotor button and they look better then the old ones. I am going to ohm the plug wires next. Also e-mailed tune to tunner and going to have him check it out maybe i jacked something up in it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.