Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
How will they deal with this??? I can't believe what is going through the minds of all involved, promoters, racers who literally traveled from around the World, guys that traveled 4000/6000 mile round trip..

Man, I would be sick to my stomach...

What is the typical weather in Marimichi this time of year?? I know its a little late, but if this is typical weather, why did nobody consider this when picking a track??

Just checked it out... Marimichi gets about 5" MORE rainfall a year then SEATTLE.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
eddie you seem bitter?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
eddie you seem bitter?
I'm not bitter... Quite the contrary.. I feel real bad for everyone involved.. I mean, its really nobodies fault, its just life, but when you have people like Andy Frost who pored his guts out to get to this event and all he gets to do is watch the rain wash all his hopes and dreams away, I mean, it has to be disheartening. I know there is more to it then racing, but at the end of the day, RACING is what everyone is there to do..

I don't know, I hope it just clears up and they can get it under way... If I was a praying guy, i would do that too.

BTW, how is the weather there right now?? Whats it look like, your from the area, you probably have a good read on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
we went today, about a 2hr drive..rained hard pretty much the whole way...stayed in Miramichi had a bite to eat, killed about 4 hrs came home. 1/2 way home it started to burn through, and up untill about 10mins ago the sun was out.
If they can get a break tomorrow i would imagine they'll run the bag off of em..then maybe finish monday..rain or shine we're heading back to the Mighty Miramichi tomorrow am in hopes of seeing these wild ass cars that are there

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I just looked at the radar and the same system thats raining out the race stretches past Montreal. It rained out the nascar race there today.
With any luck it will all blow over tonight.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
I feel terrible for Chris and Trish. They worked like hell to put this show on. I know last year, during the planning stages, they went out there a few times and the weather was great, as was most of the country last year. This was always a hell of a good show when it was the CFSC in Ontario. Sorry I couldn't make the trip. Hope they get the rest of the show in.:(

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I hope it get's done even though my buddy Eric K drove all the way from Florida to the border and got turned around there. US-Canada border..........too strange that things are the way they are these days.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
More than one crossing , more than one customs officer, and some of them do race or at least like racing... what happened???

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Have they run any of the fast street cars yet? Looks like a weekly bracket race to me. The facility sure ain't MIR or Englishtown!!!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What Happened I've been in Canada with him before??
Not sure, I know he comes on here he'll probably chime in. I just think it's a shame they spent a ton of money to get there only to be turned around.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Something about 500 pounds of black tar heroin he was using for ballast in the back of the wagon.. I think they said that is NOT legal ballast!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts