Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whew, what a night...

Just goes to show you that even the best funded teams aren't immune from breaking stuff....No shows - losses tonight due to breakage/various issues
Brett "The Baby Maker Hull" :)
Richie (how does that happen? :))
Lambert (the yellow car)
Phil (saw the car have issues in the lane...only stayed to see him in round 2- the car showed crazy potential though...watch out for that car!!)
Big Red (lost money on that round...red chopped him down on the tree but had to lift...I was bummed).
So basically, all the heavy hitters in the class, ie; the ones you expect to go rounds, didn't or couldn't.

All in all a fun night regardless. I wish I had times and pics to post but I'm beat and have had a few brew so I'm out. Tim, I saw you down there taking pics...get em up! :)

Good show tonight fellas....and congrats to the local boys taking one home tonight. You deserved it!

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
We're getting there, 2nd pass out 1.30x 60' with a damn turbo car. We brough the boost in too slow....Watch out cause we're coming! It was great meeting alot of you guys from YB.com Seems like the fuel gremlins was out tonight, Lambert, Hull and I all had fuel issues not to mention the others. I think we went 178mph on 18# with boost coming in after 6-7 seconds.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
sorry about losing you money. we didnt change the tuneup and it spun. went back up for a test pass next rd with no changes and it went 7.94 at 177.86. so i'm not blaming thetrack or that resin and shit they sprayed but i don't know why it spun. hell the tuneup thats in it now is like a 7.90 bracket tuneup

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it was this good man from St.Mary's:

And he faced this car:

Green 'maro won.

68maro, I never realized that was you guys....I was up in one of the tower suites with some guys who "know drag racing" and we were placing friendly wagers on cars...I was watching all night how soft they launch their car and I thought it was easy money:)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont forget about scott bitzer breaking the trans in the malibu.
I knew I was forgetting one....It was like everything that could go wrong for almost everybody did. We were watching the cars stage from the balcony of the backside of the tower and round 1 came up and we were like "where is everybody?" :) Still had fun though..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I believe it was this good man from St.Mary's:

And he faced this car:

Green 'maro won.

68maro, I never realized that was you guys....I was up in one of the tower suites with some guys who "know drag racing" and we were placing friendly wagers on cars...I was watching all night how soft they launch their car and I thought it was easy money:)
yeah we have it set soft to go a-b that it doesn't even pick the tires up but it spun for no apparent reason. and it sucks cuz randy did his job. like an .038 to al's .250

1 - 8 of 8 Posts