Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know what has happend to this race may be other races going on at the same time,its starting to look like its fading out like fun ford weekend did,i was very disapointed in this race this weekend.i have been going to this event for 10 years and the past two have been bad,,,i think maybe this race should be done i just one day like on a saturday,,yeah i have raced this ,ihave watch it,i have done the swap meet,,i just seems to me this event is fading out ,,i would like to see maybe a one day event until it picks back up,, sorry for who i have just afended ,and the spelling

·
Registered
362 Posts
I feel the same way.Time to add something new to the game like index racing .Bracket racing is sooooooo boring but i like coming to the event but it needs a change!!!!:(

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Larry,how did you do? Saw you there but we were so busy didnt get a chance to stop by.Oh and I agree this needs to be limited to 1 day!
I feel the same way.Time to add something new to the game like index racing .Bracket racing is sooooooo boring but i like coming to the event but it needs a change!!!!:(

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
The heads up count has been hurting the past coupe years...but 6 lanes of MOD and 3 other full brackets classes were pretty cool. I'd love to see an open comp or index style class added though! It's hard with the heads up stuff though...I don't think the NMRA count is what it once was...and with Ducks race the same weekend a lot of the 275 stangs were not there. Still had a great time though!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The ET Classes were killer, TONS of cars. Not hurting there at all. The heads-up classes were soft though your right. But keep in mind that event has had rain the last 4 years, and that has always hurt an event when you have that so many years in row, you get fans used to not coming. Then when you have good weather like last weekend they are out of habit.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
I was only there on Saturday, I enjoyed myself and thought it was much more relaxed under the multiple day schedule. Part of it may have been because it wasn't extremely crowded, but the participation numbers have been down for pretty much all the races. There are quite a few people that said the spectator numbers were way down at Donalds race that happened the same weekend.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Probably a couple of reasons for the light "Headsup" classes. 1. tired of seeing the same cars win year after year. 2. Other bigger payout headsup races going on. 3. other headsup racing series over and racers getting ready for import domestic (two trips to MIR from long distance away in a relative short amount of time) 4. Money

who knows why but it was still a great racing weekend with the weather and the Bracket turnout. The Bracket cars is what brings the money to the track. Just know that the import/domestic race will like always have a crazy amount of cars and quick cars and great racing.

Either way Jason and staff did a great job like always.

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
1/4 mile at mir brutha!! 8.50, 10.0 and up. I liked RAM's index premise...not to have a seperate class for each index, but all of them combined into one class. More car counts. Who knows...all I know is I will always support MIR and the Ford Fever race is my favorite race of the year!

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
I miss being able to race there, Sucked Ducks race was on top of it. I hope it isnt next year.

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Yea but I think Shakedown is moved back to that weekend next year???

·
Registered
845 Posts
Judging by the winners circle I would say a large quantity of people dont want to race against NMRA cars.

Roxanne Sheperd- NMRA Champion
Ryan Hecox- NMRA Champion
Gary Windsor- NMRA Champion
Brian Mitchell- NMRA Champion
Chris Little- NMRA Champion
Tim Essick- NMRA Champion

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Seriously as long as the bracket program is strong it will keep the races going. Index meh??? they had 10 8.50 cars show up at the Ultimate Outlaws race. So where is the high car count there.

Judging by the winners circle I would say a large quantity of people dont want to race against NMRA cars.

Roxanne Sheperd- NMRA Champion
Ryan Hecox- NMRA Champion
Gary Windsor- NMRA Champion
Brian Mitchell- NMRA Champion
Chris Little- NMRA Champion
Tim Essick- NMRA Champion
If racers really thought like that, why even build a race car and race in the first place.???

·
6,384 Posts
This has been one of my favorite races for years, unfortunately Radial Revolution was moved one week ahead and fell on top of this race causing us to miss out. Not MIR's fault at all just the way the ball bounces. The NMRA guys have dominated the slower classes over the years and that's killed the heads up car count as well. It's also tough to justify running the 1/4 in the heads up classes with many other races still on the schedule in the outlaw series along the coast, but the fans want/deserve to see 1/4 mile racing at least a couple times a year....I think this race is far from fading out and Jason can get creative enough to boost things in years to come.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts