Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
That's been the story of Trump's Presidency...and yet he's persevered and put America back on track. The shit that's been happening with Covid and now these riots aren't his fault and no matter what he does to try and alleviate the situation...he'll still get shit on by the Demoncrats and media.
It's a completely broken system. A two party system with no compulsory voting is a recipe for extremism. While ever social issues are being used by politicians as the primary means of garnering votes things will never improve. Because the void between the two parties will grow wider and wider. How much wider do you think it can get before something truly massive happens?

There needs to be a fresh start.

·
Señor Member
29,029 Posts
It's a completely broken system. A two party system with no compulsory voting is a recipe for extremism. While ever social issues are being used by politicians as the primary means of garnering votes things will never improve. Because the void between the two parties will grow wider and wider. How much wider do you think it can get before something truly massive happens?

I read that 75% of voters want term limits for Congressmen. Why hasn't that been enacted? Are they not in DC to represent the citizens' interests? Apparently not.

If I have one disappointment regarding Trump...it's that he hasn't fought for term limits for Congress. The whole "drain the swamp" thing came and went. I realize that had he gone after term limits...he wouldn't have gotten as much accomplished. The President needs Congress to get many things done...Congress knows this and that's why Presidents don't make waves. Maybe towards the end of his second term. One can dream...

As great as our system is...it still has some flaws.

Voting age should be raised to 25. The human brain doesn't fully develop until around that age...and these days, looking at how retarded so many of our young adults behave, it seems even later than that. lol

Congress shouldn't have the power to dictate its own term limits. The Constitution needs to be changed to allow Citizen Voters to determine the term limits of Congress. Of course Congress would have to vote on that first. LMAO

8 years max would be my vote...same as the President.

Some people claim Trump thinks he's King. To that I say HA!!! The Kings and Queens in America...are the ones holding Court. That too needs to be changed to some degree.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Voting age should be raised to 25. The human brain doesn't fully develop until around that age...and these days, looking at how retarded so many of our young adults behave, it seems even later than that. lol
It's been attributed to Churchill by some that he said if you aren't liberal at 20 you haven't got a heart and if you aren't conservative by 40 you haven't got a brain. Or something like that...Pretty accurate for a generalization.

I agree with the raising of the voting age. Very few 18-25 year olds have enough life experience to cast a meaningful vote that will benefit their society.

If you were to ignore the need for compulsory voting and wanted some parameters, there might be a case for restricting voting to land owners.

·
Former RJ instigator
40,292 Posts

We don't have a two party system, we have an independent party as well, but it never gets enough momentum to amount to anything, so the flip floppers either go left, or right, I'd say for the most part our country is not nearly as divided as you might think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you were to ignore the need for compulsory voting and wanted some parameters, there might be a case for restricting voting to land owners.
Taking it back to the 1780's old school. Landowners were the truly invested citizens in how the US worked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They would be included without question IMO.
In the book "Starship Troopers" Heinlein's world government only counted people who served in the military (aka Federal Service) as citizens and they were the only ones who could vote in elections.

I wonder what that would be like?

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
We don't have a two party system, we have an independent party as well, but it never gets enough momentum to amount to anything, so the flip floppers either go left, or right, I'd say for the most part our country is not nearly as divided as you might think.
I'm aware of that. In practice it is though.

I'd have to take your word on the division. I don't live there. From what I can see from the outside, it's an absolute shitfight. And the worst thing is that it permeates through the media elsewhere overseas. Places like here get on board with the bullshit thinking it's normal. Not only does it divide your country, it divides others. There is a black lives matter rally in my town this weekend. I'm fucking livid. :mad:

·
Former RJ instigator
40,292 Posts
I'm aware of that. In practice it is though.

I'd have to take your word on the division. I don't live there. From what I can see from the outside, it's an absolute shitfight. And the worst thing is that it permeates through the media elsewhere overseas. Places like here get on board with the bullshit thinking it's normal. Not only does it divide your country, it divides others. There is a black lives matter rally in my town this weekend. I'm fucking livid. :mad:
What you see on TV and hear on media outlets is a purposeful smear by the left,, take everything and I mean everything, with a grain of salt, but I'm sure you already know that.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
What you see on TV and hear on media outlets is a purposeful smear by the left,, take everything and I mean everything, with a grain of salt, but I'm sure you already know that.
Absolutely. That is not to say it doesn't have an effect on the weak minded. Social media is full of those idiots. Being herded by the MSM. The sad thing is there are that many of them when they band together they can change a society. You and I get to sit back and watch it all turn to shit because no one is doing anything about it. "Protestors" loot and burn. The media portrays them as justified. The police aren't doing much of anything to stop it. Worldwide media make out as if there is an actual problem with racism and jump on board in solidarity. Even though it's all completely false. And nobody is standing up for common sense. Suddenly the world is not as we knew it. So even though you might believe the division isn't as bad as I think it might be. It is. I'm not saying that in your little neck of the woods things are like it is on TV, I believe you when you say it's being played up. I'm simply telling you the repercussions from what is on TV and the follow on effects from it are real.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts