Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17,266 Posts
I agree about having the same amount every pass. That is the reason for the float switch connected to an indicator light.
if you want the same amount of fuel in your cell every pass would you not have to add fuel after every pass?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
Did you even read the thread? That's not an answer to the question he asked.

Where should I set the light to come on?

FILL IT UP

Seriously? Dumb or just lazy?
MINIMUM AMOUNT BEFORE MAKING A PASS..I ANSWERED FILL IT UP.....SO YES..YOURE FUCKING.STUPID

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Why not? Just pour in fuel until the light comes on and you have the same amount before every pass. No need for a measuring stick or trying to guess how much you put in. It's very easy to add a simple float switch with an indicator light. It's the little details that make a car stand out from the rest.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
1" PVC tee and straight pipe to fit your tank. As said, just run the tank empty and add how much you want, say 3 gallons, mark it at that point on the pipe. Just scribe it. Always works for us. Now if you have foam in the tank it is a little harder. The float deal is not that repeatable and over kill. JMO.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I totally disagree about it not being repeatable. This isn't a fuel gage it's either on or it's off. It took a whole 15 minutes to drill the hole and weld in the bung.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
Why not? Just pour in fuel until the light comes on and you have the same amount before every pass. No need for a measuring stick or trying to guess how much you put in. It's very easy to add a simple float switch with an indicator light. It's the little details that make a car stand out from the rest.
FUEL GUAGE IS.FOR TROLLING PARKING LOTS...I THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A DRAG CAR

·
T/S 368E
30,023 Posts
DAMN, that's cold!!!

Some people care about their ET, I care about winning!!

KISS, but this is the best way to do it, if you absolutely have to make it so complicated.

Good luck & race safe Chad, still a cool car!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I run a 10 gallon aluminum cell. Probably for over 10 years now. Reached in and scratched in a line about mid way. Could be at the 4 or 5 gallon mark. Who knows, other than it's a repeatable method. Fill up to line religiously after every run. Have tested hot lapping (without adding/filling) and have had no issues. Driving to staging and back to pits burn very near 1 gallon per quarter mile run.

I guess I did have one mishap. During an evening race a "helper" managed to drop a small mag light into the tank.... that was fun fishing out during a round robin....

·
Long Live The King
102,217 Posts
I've decided to set the float switch at 3.5 gallons. This will save me roughly 40 lbs over a full cell and should still be enough if I were to forget to add fuel before a round.
Check list..... Where is your checklist ?

To bad you can't put a window in the tank. But then again a Stick is pretty simple.

·
Registered
24,143 Posts
My cell holds 12 gals . But I also have a 5 gal cell for race fuel .

I will drive around before pulling into the track to burn off all the fuel in the 12 gal cell . As low as I can get it and still have enough to make it to the gas station on the way home .

Thought is to have the least amount of fuel on board at the track as possible .

You know that shit is flammable , right ?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts