1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
You would think the barrel(s) would melt.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure they are made of a very high temp steel.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A big ass one apparently! :p

·
Race Pages Magazine
2,532 Posts
4000 rounds per minute / 6 barrels is only a cyclic rate of ~667 rounds per minute, per barrel (The M240 has a cyclic rate of 750-950 rpm for comparison). That's not that unreasonable, especially when you factor in the air cooling offered by spinning at 667 rpm (12-16 mph of constant airflow over the barrels).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Man...those things sound so damn scary !! I wonder where this cat gets the money to do this stuff !! LMAO!!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Stellite lined barrels but with 6 barrels it's slower than most other guns. If you keep it to 1000 rounds or less there's not too much heat. I have a Minigun currently and I usually shoot 400-500 rounds at a time then load up again for another 4-500 rounds before letting it cool down. The guns are great but expensive to shoot unless you reload. I have 250K tracer tips to load so I do that for the night shoot or just shoot it with tracer daytime. Here's a link to my old gun I sold to a friend that shoots next to me in KY twice a year. Howard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QR44ZEl6Yw

·
Registered
14,630 Posts
That's one crazy Russian.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I like how that Russian d00d looks over and nods at the camera like he's going "Yeah! Yeah! Get some!":smt068

·
Head Phuckstick
18,686 Posts
Stellite lined barrels but with 6 barrels it's slower than most other guns. If you keep it to 1000 rounds or less there's not too much heat. I have a Minigun currently and I usually shoot 400-500 rounds at a time then load up again for another 4-500 rounds before letting it cool down. The guns are great but expensive to shoot unless you reload. I have 250K tracer tips to load so I do that for the night shoot or just shoot it with tracer daytime. Here's a link to my old gun I sold to a friend that shoots next to me in KY twice a year. Howard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QR44ZEl6Yw
Those night fire videos form Knob Creek just remind me of something you would see out of Apocalypse Now.

Shannon

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Big $ The only ones around are post 86 dealer samples, they usually sell for around 50k. I dont even know if there are any transferable guns out there, and if there is expect to pay twice the above amount.
Post 1986 guns which I have run 50-60K depending options, mount, electric etc. An unrestricted gun which there are about 15 or so in the US were around 300K but with the economy the way it is about 250K or so. I know of 4 transferable guns that are in private hands, I have shot one of them and repaired another one. :smt072:smt072:smt072

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Those night fire videos form Knob Creek just remind me of something you would see out of Apocalypse Now.

Shannon
They set up 55 gal drums with diesel fuel in them and charges taped to them to start off the night shoot. 1 shot to the charge and the drum goes up, 5 drums together and you get an instant suntan, you can really feel the heat. I've been going there twice a year for over 10 years and a good friend has a line position there so I have front row seats for it all. The best people I know I shoot with there. Always a good time rain or shine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Post 1986 guns which I have run 50-60K depending options, mount, electric etc. An unrestricted gun which there are about 15 or so in the US were around 300K but with the economy the way it is about 250K or so. I know of 4 transferable guns that are in private hands, I have shot one of them and repaired another one. :smt072:smt072:smt072
Thank you for clearing this up Howard. I was not sure if there were any transferable guns out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts