Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1541 - 1554 of 1554 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hopefully someone will reply to you. I can post any info you want on my 15x12 with 4” backspacing with 325/50/15’s. I know that’s not the same.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My car is currently mini tubbed, and has a stock width Team Z 9 " housing, 54" bearing flange to bearing flange, 59" axle flange to axle flange. I had been running 15 x 10 wheels with 6.5 backspace, 28 x 10.5 x 15 ET drags. although the 10" 6.5 BS wheel is the standard "go to", the tire sidewall bulge is enough I could not get the car as low as I'd like without it interfering with the outer lip even though they are rolled. So, I recently got a great deal on a new set of wheels and they are only 6.25 backspace. I've been putting off narrowing my rear, but now it's time, and I wanted to upgrade to 35 spline axles anyway. A lot of the pictures in this thread are no longer visible. I'd like to see some pics of a fox with 10", 6.5bs wheels that the rear has been narrowed 1 to 1 1/4" per side, or a 10" wheel with 7.5 backspace stock width rear (where a minitub would be needed). Thanks

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Just remove the rear. Once remove, place tires in wheel opening where desired. Then measure from between mounting areas on back the wheels. Get your overall length needed, then see what the difference is between old and new measurements. Divide total by 2 and cut axle tubes same amounts.

Good Luck!

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
My car is currently mini tubbed, and has a stock width Team Z 9 " housing, 54" bearing flange to bearing flange, 59" axle flange to axle flange. I had been running 15 x 10 wheels with 6.5 backspace, 28 x 10.5 x 15 ET drags. although the 10" 6.5 BS wheel is the standard "go to", the tire sidewall bulge is enough I could not get the car as low as I'd like without it interfering with the outer lip even though they are rolled. So, I recently got a great deal on a new set of wheels and they are only 6.25 backspace. I've been putting off narrowing my rear, but now it's time, and I wanted to upgrade to 35 spline axles anyway. A lot of the pictures in this thread are no longer visible. I'd like to see some pics of a fox with 10", 6.5bs wheels that the rear has been narrowed 1 to 1 1/4" per side, or a 10" wheel with 7.5 backspace stock width rear (where a minitub would be needed). Thanks
If you send me your email, i can email yu some. Mine is 1” narrow on each side and I have 10’s with a 6” backspace

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Anyone have any pics of a Narrowed rear measuring 46" (or close) bearing flange to flange? My current rear is 52" bearing flange to bearing flange. and I want to take it down to 46" put 9" big ends on it, and run a 15x12 with 4.5" BS. I see some guys have this and didn't need to move their LCA mounts and other did. I don't have a problem moving in some if needed but rather not. I have about 3 & 3/4 inches from the flange to the LCA.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Anyone have any pics of a Narrowed rear measuring 46" (or close) bearing flange to flange? My current rear is 52" bearing flange to bearing flange. and I want to take it down to 46" put 9" big ends on it, and run a 15x12 with 4.5" BS. I see some guys have this and didn't need to move their LCA mounts and other did. I don't have a problem moving in some if needed but rather not. I have about 3 & 3/4 inches from the flange to the LCA.
See post #1510. My housing is 48.75” and that put the 9” ends 1/2” from the LCA mount.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know it's kind of an old post, but for those of you that went ladder bar and mini tub. What ladder bars/kits are you using? Might you have pictures of ladder bar set ups?

Thanks

·
Registered
53,655 Posts
I have a 79 notch we just mini tubbed. I plan to use a 15 x 10 Weld RT-s wheel with a 5.5 B/S. Tire is a MT ET street ss in 295/55-15. Just under 28" high, 10.5 tread width, and 11.9 section width (measured with 9.5 rim).

I will position the wheels in the car, then measure for housing length. I think a 2" cut per side is about right. I am not sure if I will have to move the LCA housing mount, or use an offset LCA- what do you guys think?

1541 - 1554 of 1554 Posts