Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1554 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I was able to measure my tires and they measure 14 1/4 inches, this is on a 15x12 rim,tire size 325/50/15.hope that helps you.
you got any pictures you can post of that so i can see how far the tires stick out of the side of the car? and are you saying you have 1" clearance to the frame or to the LCA?

·
Registered
50 Posts
you got any pictures you can post of that so i can see how far the tires stick out of the side of the car? and are you saying you have 1" clearance to the frame or to the LCA?
I will get some pics.I actually have to relocate my LCAs because the tires are going to hit them.I probably could have avoided that if I had gone with 6.5 backspace instead of 4.It has been a while since working on it. For now i just have tires sitting where I want them under the car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Car looks perfect...love it...yeah I love the hood as well...hehehe...my car...

Can anybody identify what front tire is on this car? I need to get a speed rated tire running 165mph with a Nexen is not a good idea, and some of the tires I've looked at are kinda goofy looking it the pics. I like the look of this one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does the fron or rear of the wheel well opening need to be modified at all to fit M/T ET Street Radial Pro P315/60R15? I was told that the front or rear lip needs to be modified by two people and told it doesn't have to be by two so I'm no further ahead at this point.

Any brand recommendation for mini tub kit? I looked at the Wolfe kit and they include frame notch plates where the Team Z kit does not.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Can anybody identify what front tire is on this car? I need to get a speed rated tire running 165mph with a Nexen is not a good idea, and some of the tires I've looked at are kinda goofy looking it the pics. I like the look of this one.
They are M/T's. If you look close at the bottom of the tire you can see M/T (upside down)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Does the fron or rear of the wheel well opening need to be modified at all to fit M/T ET Street Radial Pro P315/60R15? I was told that the front or rear lip needs to be modified by two people and told it doesn't have to be by two so I'm no further ahead at this point.

Any brand recommendation for mini tub kit? I looked at the Wolfe kit and they include frame notch plates where the Team Z kit does not.
Wolfe has a very nice kit. you're right about the frame notch plates.

also I have the same question. I've been searching and it seems a 28" diameter on a GT is very close because of the body kit. also depends on wheel width, offset, and ride height. everyone has a different answer because every setup is in fact different. i have heard of people cutting their body kit to gain more clearance but i'd like to see some before, during, and after pics of that process.

·
Registered
664 Posts
325/50 on a 10" rim....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok guys I have read thru this post twice. I am trying to figure out what backspacing to use on a 12 inch wheel and a 29x12 slick. 8.8 rear end was narrowed 2 inches each side. Overall length was 50" flange to flange. Or should i just go with a 10 inch wheel to make it easier. Using DMC tubs which are big. Coilovers and team Z offset lower control arms. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ok guys I have read thru this post twice. I am trying to figure out what backspacing to use on a 12 inch wheel and a 29x12 slick. 8.8 rear end was narrowed 2 inches each side. Overall length was 50" flange to flange. Or should i just go with a 10 inch wheel to make it easier. Using DMC tubs which are big. Coilovers and team Z offset lower control arms. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
7 or 7.5

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been trying to find on here what the maximum amount that can be narrowed without moving the control arm brackets. I'd like to fit a 15x12 with a 4" backspace for the 8" of dish. Car has Wolfe tubs with their offset control arms and adjustable spring perch.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I've been trying to find on here what the maximum amount that can be narrowed without moving the control arm brackets. I'd like to fit a 15x12 with a 4" backspace for the 8" of dish. Car has Wolfe tubs with their offset control arms and adjustable spring perch.
my lower control arm brackets are 2-1/4" from the back of the flange on a stock 8.8" if that helps. i see most guys narrow them 2"

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back from its slumber to say that my last post was incorrect. that is the measurement to where the quad shock mounts. lower control arms mount much further in. like 4-1/4" from housing end

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ok guys bringing this back. Could any of you running 15x12s with 6" backspace please post or repost your pics and details about rearend. Thx

1521 - 1540 of 1554 Posts