Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1501 - 1520 of 1554 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
How many if any are using 315's on a 12 inch wheel? AND the stock tank? I had all the stuff to do the mini tub and sold it because my project changed.. then it changed again and now I need / shoulda kept the mini tub. I would LIKE to run a 315. (not a class car, just a play toy) but I also dont want to hassle with a fuel cell.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How many if any are using 315's on a 12 inch wheel? AND the stock tank? I had all the stuff to do the mini tub and sold it because my project changed.. then it changed again and now I need / shoulda kept the mini tub. I would LIKE to run a 315. (not a class car, just a play toy) but I also dont want to hassle with a fuel cell.
PM sent

·
Registered
468 Posts
These are 295/55's which are the same diameter/roll out as the 325's. I use Afco 1850 shocks. They are very close to the ride height you're looking for. I've since gone to bias ply with a different wheel.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Anyway you could measure the shock length as it sits? Thanks for the reply.

Btw, nice Capr! What year?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I didn't measure the housing when I took it out but according what I found on the Internet it was 59.25" and now it's 48.75" so, 4.5" was cut off each side. Within .5" of the control arm mounts. The wheels are 15x12's with 6.5" backspacing, 325/50's with 1.25" clearance to the wheel tub. Very pleased with the results...

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bringing it back to life! I just got my racecraft housing and its 44 1/8 flange to flange. Toby at racecraft told me to use a 15x12 with a 4.5" backspace. He said that would give me 1" of tire tuck. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bringing it back to life! I just got my racecraft housing and its 44 1/8 flange to flange. Toby at racecraft told me to use a 15x12 with a 4.5" backspace. He said that would give me 1" of tire tuck. Does this sound right?
Exactly what I have.I have not finished,but from what I remember that's pretty much dead on.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
anyone have a clue what the widest tire you can get under a mini tub? i intend on cutting the housing down and moving the lca mounts in a bit, and i'm wondering if a 345 tire will fit? or a 28x14.5-15? trying to get the biggest meat under there that I can.

·
Registered
50 Posts
anyone have a clue what the widest tire you can get under a mini tub? i intend on cutting the housing down and moving the lca mounts in a bit, and i'm wondering if a 345 tire will fit? or a 28x14.5-15? trying to get the biggest meat under there that I can.
Good question,I have to move my lower control arm brackets too ,not sure 14s would fit,probably hit frame rails.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have mine notched too and want to say I have about and inch inside clearance.I will measure but I think my tires are around 13 -13.5 wide on a 12 inch rim.

1501 - 1520 of 1554 Posts