Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 1560 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think, I am going to go with 15x12s with 4.5 bs. Tire size will be either 315/60/15 or 325/50/15, before I buy them anybody have suggestions on which tires are better ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recently mini rubbed my 87 notch back and was wondering exactly how space do I need between the top of upper control arms, and the bottom of my anti-roll bar?it won't be driven on the street if that matters.tried searching, but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i would say you could buy a set of adjustable lca brackets from team z and weld them an inch further in toward the diff to achieve a bit more clearance without screwing with the geometry much. plus then you can adjust the angle of your lca's if need be down the road.
Ok, I have my wheels and tires, and it looks as though I will have to move my lower control arm brackets.How hard would it be to ho with teamz brackets?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is anyone running taller than a 28" slick on their minitubbed foxbody? I'd like to run a 29 or 30" if it can be done, just concerned about rub issues " front to back" at the lower fender lip area. There's plenty of width room now that I have the mini tubs.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Is anyone running taller than a 28" slick on their minitubbed foxbody? I'd like to run a 29 or 30" if it can be done, just concerned about rub issues " front to back" at the lower fender lip area. There's plenty of width room now that I have the mini tubs.

"I" am not but a buddy of mine is. 29 tall on a 12 inch rim. He cut the front and rear lips and opened them up some. Works well and honestly unless your looking for it you dont really notice it. Obviously that wont work on a GT car but LX / Coupe it does.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'd like to know as well, I'm wanting to put a 29.5x10.5 on my car. I've pretty much made up my mind its getting mini tubbed at the end of this year, I'd like to see if anyone is running this combo on a 12'' wheel, what backspacing and how much cut from the rear end. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question for the guys running the S5205 single coil over shock with a 12" spring.

Did you guys have to compress the spring slightly to get it installed on the coil over itself?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Any advantage to have rear coil over shocks installed on angle compared to straight up?
I think the photo makes it look worse than it is . just tried to keep them as wide as possible. the bottom is mounted off the back of the lower c-arm mount and the top is just inboard the frame rail.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just picked up a Foxbody that is mini tubbed and has 29.5x10.5 slicks. It has a ton of room. I could probably fit a taller and wider tire if I wanted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is anyone using the S5006 or equivalent (13.8"-14.5" ride height) shocks with 325/50's? If so, please post a picture.
These are 295/55's which are the same diameter/roll out as the 325's. I use Afco 1850 shocks. They are very close to the ride height you're looking for. I've since gone to bias ply with a different wheel.

1481 - 1500 of 1560 Posts