Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.

[URL=https://s148.photobucket.com/user/bftstam/media/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg.html][/URL]

·
TD 3550
2,692 Posts
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.

http://[URL=https://s148.photobucket.com/user/bftstam/media/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg.html][IMG]https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s21/bftstam/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Way off as you know. Look on the old pump that fits correctly and look at the casting/part number if there is one. I wonder if there is a boxing issue. Seen it before many times. Had an alternator received and was boxed wrong 5 times.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
^^^^^This! If you have a SBC and are not running one of these, those of us that are, feel that you are missing the boat.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.

I think this is the case. I wish it was mandatory sellers had to disclose where parts are made.
Probably a whole boatload (literally) of these poorly machined pumps in stock at stores nationwide.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)

Buy a Mellings, guarantee this is made in USA. Then you won't be funding the enemy/globalism.

·
26,672 Posts
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.
You need a Melling standard volume high pressure. I don't know the part#, look it up. The body will be correct.

·
26,672 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny on Milodons web site it says (Melling M55HV) next to the part number for the Milodon pump , I guess saying its the same pump . :smt102

[/url]milodon by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG][/QUOT

Don't trust that web site. Look at the 3/4" and the 5/8" pick up, same part #. To make sure what I was getting, I had to look on Summit's web and check the each parts description.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am done with Milodon products.

Quote from Milodon web site:

Philosophy
Milodon's objective has been to incorporate state-of-the-art manufacturing technology, aerospace caliber materials and stringent quality controls to produce true American-made, race quality performance products of exceptional value. We all know that..... you can buy many brands cheaper than Milodon, but you can't any better.

With a statement like that you would think someone would like to resolve my problem. I called tech support at Milodon again last night. Like the first call, the guy didn't seem to give a crap about my problem and this time he basically told me to pound sand and buy a Melling pump.

I am ordering a Melling billet pump #10050ST-750SS. I checked my pan last night (because I don't trust the product description on Milodon's web page) and it does in fact measure 7 1/2"

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Got tired of cast (insert whatever brand you want) junk and bought a Titan.

100% made in America using only US sourced steel and aluminum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts