Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.

[URL=https://s148.photobucket.com/user/bftstam/media/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg.html][/URL]

·
TD 3550
2,742 Posts
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.

http://[URL=https://s148.photobucket.com/user/bftstam/media/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg.html][IMG]https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s21/bftstam/oil%20pump_zpslo4ozgrl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Way off as you know. Look on the old pump that fits correctly and look at the casting/part number if there is one. I wonder if there is a boxing issue. Seen it before many times. Had an alternator received and was boxed wrong 5 times.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
^^^^^This! If you have a SBC and are not running one of these, those of us that are, feel that you are missing the boat.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.

I think this is the case. I wish it was mandatory sellers had to disclose where parts are made.
Probably a whole boatload (literally) of these poorly machined pumps in stock at stores nationwide.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)

Buy a Mellings, guarantee this is made in USA. Then you won't be funding the enemy/globalism.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.
Funny on Milodons web site it says (Melling M55HV) next to the part number for the Milodon pump , I guess saying its the same pump . :smt102

[/url]milodon by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
26,672 Posts
You need a Melling standard volume high pressure. I don't know the part#, look it up. The body will be correct.

·
26,672 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny on Milodons web site it says (Melling M55HV) next to the part number for the Milodon pump , I guess saying its the same pump . :smt102

[/url]milodon by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG][/QUOT

Don't trust that web site. Look at the 3/4" and the 5/8" pick up, same part #. To make sure what I was getting, I had to look on Summit's web and check the each parts description.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am done with Milodon products.

Quote from Milodon web site:

Philosophy
Milodon's objective has been to incorporate state-of-the-art manufacturing technology, aerospace caliber materials and stringent quality controls to produce true American-made, race quality performance products of exceptional value. We all know that..... you can buy many brands cheaper than Milodon, but you can't any better.

With a statement like that you would think someone would like to resolve my problem. I called tech support at Milodon again last night. Like the first call, the guy didn't seem to give a crap about my problem and this time he basically told me to pound sand and buy a Melling pump.

I am ordering a Melling billet pump #10050ST-750SS. I checked my pan last night (because I don't trust the product description on Milodon's web page) and it does in fact measure 7 1/2"

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Got tired of cast (insert whatever brand you want) junk and bought a Titan.

100% made in America using only US sourced steel and aluminum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts