Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29,536 Posts
I think I would go for the leather Tillman if you can live with flip-up lens.
When my auto darkening hood battery runs low and I switch to my cheap plain lens, I think it has better clarity.
Besides, I tend to flip up the hood 90% of the time out of habit.

I just got a full set of leather from Jacket to leg covers to shoe covers for foundry work and am really impressed with the quality.

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?PNUM::1:UNDEF:X:5000

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tight spaces make it hard for me to deal with flip up lenses. I have a fixed shade I normally use. But the tight spaces make it extremely difficult to deal with. Going with an Auto darkening of some form. Just thought this might be the best of both worlds for me since it is fairly compact.

·
Registered
29,536 Posts
Tight spaces make it hard for me to deal with flip up lenses. I have a fixed shade I normally use. But the tight spaces make it extremely difficult to deal with. Going with an Auto darkening of some form. Just thought this might be the best of both worlds for me since it is fairly compact.
It does look cool.
If it is durable, I bet it is OK.
I am just really hard on stuff so I get leather when I can.

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,089 Posts
fixed glass is always clearer.....auto is a lot easy-to-use.....wish someone would make an auto that was as clear as fixed shade.

·
Registered
29,536 Posts
fixed glass is always clearer.....auto is a lot easy-to-use.....wish someone would make an auto that was as clear as fixed shade.
That is what I think^^^, but people always tell me that is wrong.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never had an auto to compare. I know the fist time I went to a gold lense, years ago, I thought I was in heaven. It was all so clear! LoL

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,089 Posts
I've never had an auto to compare. I know the fist time I went to a gold lense, years ago, I thought I was in heaven. It was all so clear! LoL
I have the Miller digital elite ....like all auto darkening helmets , any background light makes clarity decrease....with the fixed shade it doesn't make as much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Miller digital elite ....like all auto darkening helmets , any background light makes clarity decrease....with the fixed shade it doesn't make as much of a difference.
These Goggles should eliminate any of that. They kind of seal to your face.

·
Registered
28,570 Posts
What if you wear seeing eye dogs? Can you get them on under that mask?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts

I have it. If you do cage work it's the way to go. I don't wear the hood anymore, I just wear a welding beanie so I don't cook my forehead.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think I would go for the leather Tillman if you can live with flip-up lens.
When my auto darkening hood battery runs low and I switch to my cheap plain lens, I think it has better clarity.
Besides, I tend to flip up the hood 90% of the time out of habit.

I just got a full set of leather from Jacket to leg covers to shoe covers for foundry work and am really impressed with the quality.

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?PNUM::1:UNDEF:X:5000
That's a hot, heavy, archaic piece of shit that will be hard as a rock due to perspiration and weld heat in a week.

·
Registered
989 Posts

I have it. If you do cage work it's the way to go. I don't wear the hood anymore, I just wear a welding beanie so I don't cook my forehead.
I was going to say, if you do alot of lying around under a car or curled up inside a car, it would be nice.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts