Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
8,232 Posts
Every generation thinks the same thing of the ones after them. this isn't new. and a video that "Cherry picks" out of a bunch to get the narrative they want to produce is FAKE NEWS.
But fools eat this shit up.
The sad part ,is the truth of the matter is the boomers put into place everything to keep the younger generations knowing only what they WANT them to know.
they took over education, and colleges. and killed off trade schools.
and don't teach skills you'll use in life/jobs.
just liberal agenda and narrative with a little history, but only the parts we (boomers)want you to know. a little math, that you'll never use unless you happen to go into a select few fields and don't have a computer do it for you.
I think the same boomers that think todays youth are morons, need to spend a month of their retirement in a public school classroom and see what they have done to education and what todays schools are not teaching.
YOU MADE THIS MESS.
grammar errors done o give boomers something to comment about and not reply to the subject matter of this post... as they can't. and need an out. enjoy.

·
WHAT NOW ?
15,059 Posts
Every generation thinks the same thing of the ones after them. this isn't new. and a video that "Cherry picks" out of a bunch to get the narrative they want to produce is FAKE NEWS.
The sad part ,is the truth of the matter is the boomers put into place everything to keep the younger generations knowing only what they WANT them to know.
just liberal agenda and narrative with a little history, but only the parts we (boomers)want you to know. a little math, that you'll never use unless you happen to go into a select few fields and don't have a computer do it for you.
I think the same boomers that think todays youth are morons, need to spend a month of their retirement in a public school classroom and see what they have done to education and what todays schools are not teaching.
YOU MADE THIS MESS.
grammar errors done o give boomers something to comment about and not reply to the subject matter of this post... as they can't. and need an out. enjoy.
Truth ^^^

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
What do you expect when government controls the school system/ curriculum..... dumb them down, it's easier to control the masses if they're ignorant.

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
8,232 Posts
Yet there are Rhodes Scholars that come out of piss poor one room schoolhouses. If somebody wants to learn they will regardless of how good or bad their school or teachers are.
But why go out of the way to stack the deck against them??
I know the reason. but your post, is About a tiny tiny tiny %.
You don't do things that are not interesting, or want to learn about things that don't interest you?
Honestly, out of what you were taught k-12 how much do you use in your day to day life and job.
And how many things/skills did you have to learn outside of what education taught you. to get through life and a job/career?
I can tell you, I use maybe 10% of what was taught in school. and 90% of day to day, life and job/career knowledge/skill was never even on the educations radar of curriculum.
Maybe if schools/education, taught a curriculum of useful skills and knowledge you'll use in your day to day life and job/careers, and not a bunch of useless facts, and math that no one does , as a pocket computer does it for them, and science that is so out of date it is 90% wrong.
Those in schools might have a brighter future.
I know the classes I loved in did well in, even if I wasn't all that interested in the subject matter was because the teacher made it interesting.
Our education system fills kids heads with a bunch of useless crap. and a tiny tiny bit of useful knowledge that you'll use/need after you enter the real world.
And it has only gotten worse since I was in school.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
97,051 Posts
That's the results of the public school system on display .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't blame 100% on the school system. If you're counting on the school to teach your kid to be an intelligent, productive part of the world, YOU are the problem. My kid's 19 years old, works his ass off, can fix anything on his car and half the stuff on the house, saves his money and on his own decided to start taking classes to get a better job. I provide guidance and support but he's his own man and I'm proud of him. That shit didn't happen by hoping the school was going to do a good job.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Don't blame 100% on the school system. If you're counting on the school to teach your kid to be an intelligent, productive part of the world, YOU are the problem. My kid's 19 years old, works his ass off, can fix anything on his car and half the stuff on the house, saves his money and on his own decided to start taking classes to get a better job. I provide guidance and support but he's his own man and I'm proud of him. That shit didn't happen by hoping the school was going to do a good job.
You taught him well, my Dad did the same for me and I'm glad he did.

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
8,232 Posts
Yup. you might not be able to blame them 100%.
but look around, at the % of kids in broken homes. or parents working around the clock to provide for their own. and sadly intrust much of the education to the school system. As that is what it is for, it isn't just a daycare.
Some parents, parent better than others. maybe there should be classes on that. Some parents never got the education and can't help the child with his studies. Some had to quit school to help with the bills. and either raise or help raise thier sisters/brothers.
Good on you, spending the time and effort on your son. not every parent does, or can.
Many a dad that love too, but isn't allowed too. And that is sickning .

·
Smuck
3,257 Posts
YOU MADE THIS MESS.
Some of it yes, but most are fucking lazy disrespectful pieces of shit and want everything handed to them...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts