Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI got a real tricky question for you guys got a th400 manaul valve .i notice when trans fluid warm say up around 160 the dip stick has a slight milky residue on it ,im using two brand new stack plate coolers so no way it can be water from radatior ,trans has not been in water,was only rebuilt 2 weeks ago ,im using a dex 3 brand fluid made by a firm called total lubricicants it a world wide company..When fluid is cold looks perfect , no milky dipsick ,not burn smell
I did notice yesterday i lost 3-4 mph in top end going over the line ,i looked at rev counter and my revs were the same as normal at 6000 rpm when i do 123mph but was only geting 118-19mph .60fts same the trans works mint, got me baffled ,before rebulid and fliud change i was using castrol dex 3 could a fluid change cause this ,converter is good just had it checked new mechinical doide fitted thanks
victtor
new zealand

·
Registered
781 Posts
Could very well be the Dexron3 you are using..
All DEXRON-III licenses expired at the end of 2006, and will not be renewed. Beyond that date, General Motors will only support the use of DEXRON-VI fluids for use in Hydra-Matic transmissions. Fluids claiming DEXRON-III type performance continue to be sold under abbreviated names such as Dex/Merc and D/M, however, since the DEXRON-III licensing system no longer exists, these fluids are not regulated by GM in any way. This means the oil companies can put in whatever additives are on hand since its chemical compound is not policed by GM any more.....
Drain all the fluid and replace with some higher quality ATF.............

·
Registered
303 Posts
milky appearance...1 of 2 things

a lot of air and fluid is aerated(making it look milky) or water in fluid

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for help ,so can airated fliud case converter to slip in top end ,i know stall is mint and was split and cleaned ,trans is not slipping at all fluid mint and slippage exactly the same on every run no flare on shift no burnt fluid ,only thing have noticed with full manual valve trans runs hotter is this normal,otherwise all that diffrent is the brand off trans fluid called total made in singapore with dex111 on 20 litre container, was using castrol dex 111 when it was shift kit before rebuild
thanks
victtor
new zealand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts