1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
As far as what?

·
Gremlin Hunter
5,160 Posts
You talking about scores for qualification, sharpshooter and expert?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Every branch has their own thing. I've done the Navy Qual a few times with a buddy who is/was one of their instructors. I can't remember the specifics though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as the Army qual, it's a joke.

Have the weenies that pack 'em couldn't tell you a thing about them too.

Don't get me started on the Air Force SF I have to get through to get to the chow hall here in Baghdad.

·
Registered
704 Posts
When I got my ccw the guy I was partnered with was like 25 just out of the armed forces. he came to the line took his stance the instructor looked at him and said your ex military he said yup with a big grin. I'm think I'm about to get a lesson on shooting when he finished he looked at me and smiled gave me a cocky grinn i just chuckled. I don't consider my self a great shot but we were shooting at 12 feet he shot a 12 inch group, I shot right after him with the same gun and my 50 rounds mad a quarter size hole. the instructor looked at me a gave me a grin and a chuckle as we were walking out of the range he say to me answers some questions doesn't it I just smiled. But dang I was not really to impressed

·
Registered
954 Posts
When I got my ccw the guy I was partnered with was like 25 just out of the armed forces. he came to the line took his stance the instructor looked at him and said your ex military he said yup with a big grin. I'm think I'm about to get a lesson on shooting when he finished he looked at me and smiled gave me a cocky grinn i just chuckled. I don't consider my self a great shot but we were shooting at 12 feet he shot a 12 inch group, I shot right after him with the same gun and my 50 rounds mad a quarter size hole. the instructor looked at me a gave me a grin and a chuckle as we were walking out of the range he say to me answers some questions doesn't it I just smiled. But dang I was not really to impressed
funny thing, it's usually that way between civillians and cops also. Civillians will take more time and spend more on training then most departments. With the exception of the one I work for.:p I've seen it many times at the range I train at.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
:smt070the first time i shot my p220 i was low and left. so i go to the counter and ask the gun smith to drift the sight a little. he ask who installed the nightsights and i told him i ordered it from sig that way. so he asks if he can take a shot. so i load 8 and put the shiloette out about 20ft. he squeezes off one shot, i thought he missed but then i realized he bullzied the little 2x4 shiloette in the upper left corner. he then took 4 more shots putting all of them through the same hole. (i saw the paper flutter) on his final shot he oblonged the hole and he was a little dissapointed in that. he then turned to me and said "theres nothing wrong with this weapon" my buddy and i stood there with our mouths open in disbelief. he did give me a little free instuction and while i'll never be that good, i sure did improve knowing what is capeable. he was fuckin awsome

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did he explain why.....low & left that is???

Semi autos....not as easy to shoot well as some would have you to believe. Try a revolver...guessing you won't shoot low & left with it. Glad I'm not the only one:)

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Did he explain why.....low & left that is???

Semi autos....not as easy to shoot well as some would have you to believe. Try a revolver...guessing you won't shoot low & left with it. Glad I'm not the only one:)
yes, a combo between finger placement an pulling, not squeezing the trigger.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
A 12'' group at 12'? Are you kidding. Please tell me you are. What was he shooting a NAA 22 mini revolver?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
:smt070the first time i shot my p220 i was low and left. so i go to the counter and ask the gun smith to drift the sight a little. he ask who installed the nightsights and i told him i ordered it from sig that way. so he asks if he can take a shot. so i load 8 and put the shiloette out about 20ft. he squeezes off one shot, i thought he missed but then i realized he bullzied the little 2x4 shiloette in the upper left corner. he then took 4 more shots putting all of them through the same hole. (i saw the paper flutter) on his final shot he oblonged the hole and he was a little dissapointed in that. he then turned to me and said "theres nothing wrong with this weapon" my buddy and i stood there with our mouths open in disbelief. he did give me a little free instuction and while i'll never be that good, i sure did improve knowing what is capeable. he was fuckin awsome

I had a similar incident at a local IDPA shoot with Walt Rauch (google that name if needed).
In the end it was operator error, not the gun...

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Where did the OP go?

·
Registered
704 Posts
A 12'' group at 12'? Are you kidding. Please tell me you are. What was he shooting a NAA 22 mini revolver?

I am absolutely telling you how it was I was shocked to say the least he even had cool shooting gloves. like I said I really expected him to give me a lesson but wow he shot like ass. the guns we used were class supplied ruger mark 3 22-45's nice gun really shot good I thought considering they said they would guess 10,000 rounds had been shot thru them. great guys if anyone near Lansing Michigan needs to take the ccw class I would really recommend them they provide guns and ammo and all books for 80.00 bucks. it a one day deal they are all cops and really do a good job.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
I am absolutely telling you how it was I was shocked to say the least he even had cool shooting gloves. like I said I really expected him to give me a lesson but wow he shot like ass. the guns we used were class supplied ruger mark 3 22-45's nice gun really shot good I thought considering they said they would guess 10,000 rounds had been shot thru them. great guys if anyone near Lansing Michigan needs to take the ccw class I would really recommend them they provide guns and ammo and all books for 80.00 bucks. it a one day deal they are all cops and really do a good job.
Shooting gloves? Was he outside in -20 weather to be shooting with gloves on?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Does anyone know what they are?
When I got marksmen in the Air Force with M-9 this was the standards.

Qualification as expert with the pistol (M-9/M-11) requires 41 hits out of 45 rounds on target, with at least 25 hits within a 10 inch circle on the torso of the target and 6 hits within a 6 inch circle on the head of the target.

When I got my CCW I didn't have to even have to shoot since I was still active duty military and had a current M-9 marksmen card on file. I just had to mail a copy of it in.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
When I got marksmen in the Air Force with M-9 this was the standards.

Qualification as expert with the pistol (M-9/M-11) requires 41 hits out of 45 rounds on target, with at least 25 hits within a 10 inch circle on the torso of the target and 6 hits within a 6 inch circle on the head of the target.
Do you know what the distance was?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts