Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently NO ONE higher up in the military has a heart, OR the desire to do something right for a change!

If roadside bombs and other hazards of war don't kill military dogs, senseless government regulations and red tape might. The United States is breeding 100 puppies a year to train for bomb sniffing and other soldierly duties, but many aren't making it back to happy homes because an obscure federal law classifies them as "equipment" rather than personnel -- and makes adopting them a financial and bureaucratic nightmare. A bill to require that the military ship the heroic dogs home and ease potential veterinarian costs for adopting families is currently bogged down in Congress, as dogs continue to be euthanized....

http://now.msn.com/living/0512-military-dogs-euthanized.aspx

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you ever been around a military dog? They are killers that have tasted blood, because they have to be. They do their job perfectly, but when they are not with the guy that trained them, they are a loose cannon. If all these dogs are let loose, bite or kill alot of people, those people then sue the government, and your taxes go up. This story sounds horrible, but some things from an outside perspective cannot be realized in it's entirety sometimes. Once a dog has tasted blood and the thrill of the kill it's impossible to turn it back.

·
Registered
28,262 Posts
Apparently NO ONE higher up in the military has a heart, OR the desire to do something right for a change!

If roadside bombs and other hazards of war don't kill military dogs, senseless government regulations and red tape might. The United States is breeding 100 puppies a year to train for bomb sniffing and other soldierly duties, but many aren't making it back to happy homes because an obscure federal law classifies them as "equipment" rather than personnel -- and makes adopting them a financial and bureaucratic nightmare. A bill to require that the military ship the heroic dogs home and ease potential veterinarian costs for adopting families is currently bogged down in Congress, as dogs continue to be euthanized....

http://now.msn.com/living/0512-military-dogs-euthanized.aspx
Those dogs should be able to be adopted. I'm sure people would love to have one of them.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Put down the assholes who make decisions like that.

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
I love dogs, but when animals are used for a specific purpose, they are not family pets. I would think the animals used in military situations are trained far differently than K-9 cops.

Most K-9 drug dogs are junkies.

I used to hate to kill our cattle and pigs, but we have to eat.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
I don't to me it is not right to kill them. They served us loyally and the reward is to be put down does not work for me.

·
6,798 Posts
I don't to me it is not right to kill them. They served us loyally and the reward is to be put down does not work for me.
I'm not sold on the idea that animals look forward to old age or retirement. They are not people.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Have you ever been around a military dog? They are killers that have tasted blood, because they have to be. They do their job perfectly, but when they are not with the guy that trained them, they are a loose cannon. If all these dogs are let loose, bite or kill alot of people, those people then sue the government, and your taxes go up. This story sounds horrible, but some things from an outside perspective cannot be realized in it's entirety sometimes. Once a dog has tasted blood and the thrill of the kill it's impossible to turn it back.
EXACTLY! They have been doing this since Vietnam, that I know of.

Even police dogs have a hard time dealing w/ retirement. It takes them a year to adjust not going to work w/ their trainer.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
BULL SHIT!
i have a 70 pound pit that never lost a fight that he was in (first owner), and is fully protection trained. a bit of work, stable home life and a lot of love he is one of my best dogs that i have ever been around. does he some times act out? yes, but i have learned to deal with it and i know how to avoid those situations.

·
6,798 Posts
BULL SHIT!
i have a 70 pound pit that never lost a fight that he was in (first owner), and is fully protection trained. a bit of work, stable home life and a lot of love he is one of my best dogs that i have ever been around. does he some times act out? yes, but i have learned to deal with it and i know how to avoid those situations.
Yeah, we know how sweet and lovable Pits are.

We are talking about service dogs that were trained to work and be obedient to one person. Not a dog that just naturally kills when he's in a bad mood. There is a reason Pit bulls couldn't ever be a reliable service dog.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Sounds like Carl, ---------------------------------- and his dog!

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Yeah, we know how sweet and lovable Pits are.

We are talking about service dogs that were trained to work and be obedient to one person. Not a dog that just naturally kills when he's in a bad mood. There is a reason Pit bulls couldn't ever be a reliable service dog.
You're a fucking idiot!

Gawd been bamboozling you son!

·
6,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts