Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work this afternoon i noticed a large presence of Navy Ships off of the coast again, Roughly 3 Air Craft Carriers, Several ships that looked like Destroyers, Several more that looked like Navy cargo ships. All in all i'd say 15 Navy Vessels total. Several more ground vehicles on certain beaches waiting to get loaded, Last time i seen this kind of build up off of the coast, Libya was hit about 3-5 weeks later........Makes me wonder who's next :smt102

Sorry no pictures, I don't carry a camera in my car, but will in the morning & will take a few pictures, If they're still around

·
Registered
444 Posts
well....you likely didnt see 3 carriers together. they were probably LHD's and there likely doing ESG exercises with the marines and support vessels.

·
Registered
792 Posts
We're always in some kind of bullshit war spending taxpayer money. Been fightin' the rabs for the last 10 years. For what? Cheaper gas? NOT Cheaper oil? NOT Human rights? NOT. Our country is always at war. Sticking our dick in everyone else's country. Hell, we've been at war more than we've been at peace.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Trust me, There's 3 carriers off the coast roughly 5 miles a part from each other. If i didn't have to drive 10 miles south, I'd go right now to take pictures. Not to mention it's getting dark pretty fast now

well....you likely didnt see 3 carriers together. they were probably LHD's and there likely doing ESG exercises with the marines and support vessels.

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
photo op.

·
Registered
169 Posts
http://nation.foxnews.com/iran/2011/09/28/iranian-navy-sending-ships-near-us-waters

The Iranian navy plans to move naval vessels out of the Persian Gulf and into the Atlantic Ocean, "near maritime borders of the United States," the Tehran Times reported Tuesday.

According to the English-language paper based in Tehran, the announcement came from a top Iranian naval officer on Tuesday.

“As the global arrogance (forces of imperialism) have a (military) presence near our sea borders, we also plan to have a strong presence near the U.S. sea borders with the help of the soldiers who are loyal to the vali-e faqih (supreme jurisprudent),” said Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, as quoted and paraphrased by the Tehran Times.

"We've been pushing freedom of the seas for years and the Iranian navy can go wherever it wants," said Pentagon Spokesman Capt. John Kirby.

Iranians might face a challenge in refueling its fleet. Some in the Pentagon have speculated it could gas up in Venezuela, whose President, Hugo Chavez, is known to have a close relationship with Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The Iranians gave no indication of when or what kind of vessels they might deploy, but the announced plan comes just months after Iran sent warships through the Suez following the fall of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. It was the first time Iran had moved ships into the Mediterranean and the move put Israel on high alert.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/iran/2011/09/28/iranian-navy-sending-ships-near-us-waters#ixzz1ZOhOjAQo

:smt102

·
Registered
444 Posts
its not impossible!! likely just doing CQ's there is zero chance there that close and loading to deploy. the CAG could fly on and stay with in the flight rules...but who knows

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hopefully i'm WRONG, but every time i see that many ships off the coast something happened a weeks later. They have regular exercises daily on base.......But this kind of presence is strange, It's not the norm

its not impossible!! likely just doing CQ's there is zero chance there that close and loading to deploy. the CAG could fly on and stay with in the flight rules...but who knows

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts

you dont do CQ's with 3 carriers, if that is the case. After 20 years of naval service and just over 4 and a half years of actual sea time, all my CQ's were just our battle group and land based opponents.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,761 Posts
They aren't going to mobilize the 3rd fleet to handle a threat in the 2nd fleet's territory, especially not 2 measly missile boats. This has nothing to do with Iran.

·
Registered
444 Posts
without pics or knowing who the OP is...i still think from a distance LHD's can easily be mistaken for carriers. i was just speculating about CQ's with actual carriers. there wouldnt be any land vehicles without LCAC's in the bellys of the LPD's or LHD's to take them out.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a VERY Observant civilian, Trust me i know a Aircraft carrier when i see one.....Some of the other ships had cranes on them, There were several of those twin propelled helicopters flying all over, Some loading stuff from land & headed to ships, SOme just flying around who know's what they were doing. There were LOTS of huber craft in the water. These weren't the normal daily exercises i see daily when driving to/from work.

I'm going to get up early than normal in hopes they're still offshore & take pictures

without pics or knowing who the OP is...i still think from a distance LHD's can easily be mistaken for carriers. i was just speculating about CQ's with actual carriers. there wouldnt be any land vehicles without LCAC's in the bellys of the LPD's or LHD's to take them out.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts