Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good question, in title of this it states DOT radials, but it only mentions dot 12" wide, so is it a radial class or a DOT class?

D.O.T. Drag Radial

Brand new for 2006. VP Race Fuels and Traction Compound are the sponsor of the new class. These cars are street appearing and running legal D.O.T. tires down the 1/4 mile in the low 8 second and up range. In this class the cars do one of three things: 1) hook up and fly down the track, 2) spin their tires like a Top Fuel Race Car or 3) do a monster wheelstand!

.400 Pro Tree – 16 Car Qualified Field

Tires - D.O.T. tire maximum 12" measured tread width
Auto Trans or Clutch Assisted Stick Only (NO Clutchless Transmissions)

Ladder Bar and Stock Style Suspension Allowed - NO Wheelie Bars (Direct bolt on replacement parts or added bolt-ons such as slapper bars OK) . Car must have stock rear frame rails (notching OK for tire clearance).
Any type of power adder or adders allowed
Fiberglass: Hood, Bumpers, Deck Lid or Hatch Only (2 Maximum Allowed ie: Bumpers & Hood, Hood & Hatch)

Weights - 3,300 lb. base weight
Deduct 100 lbs. for big block with nitrous

Deduct 400 lbs. for small block with nitrous
Add 100 lbs. for Twin Turbo's

Stock Appearing Interior, Including TWO Front Seats

Must use Mufflers

·
Registered
196 Posts
Which size tire fitsthe 12" rule? Accordingto Jeg'sthe Mickey's and BFG's have a different tread width forthe same size tire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
beebemotorsports said:
315's are 11.5" tread and 13" buble wasted bubble
That is for a Mickey but a 325/50 BFG shows a 13" tread width. They needto spec a tire size, not just a width. Like say a 325/50 or smaller.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Wow just noticed 2900lbs for a small block w/nitrous :shock:

That seems a hard goal to reach having stock frame rails, a 25.5 chassis (being a low 8 sec class) and radial tires and the 3 bottles needed to keep up with guys like Powski :lol:

I hope I can get the car down that low already going with alum CM everything :oops:

Oh well just the chance to race side by side with some of these guys will be enough for me :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Milan's drag radial class

3300#'s base weight. 412, Yates headed, 101 turbo, powerglide, Pro Racecraft Engineering 25.2 chassis. Fast enough to show up. :-D

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
radialtbird said:
Broke said:
Only if you can get it down the track. :-D
Guess we'll have to wait and see. :-D I'm sure it's gonna be challenging, but I'm sure Rich will get it figured out.
I'm in...not going to be competitive though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sweet!!! the rules look good.Now i just have to find a few grand to finish my combo. Will have enough power!!! The question becomes can we get it down the track.Class should be the largest of them all. cant wait!

Any predictions?

What will it take to contend?

8.20 or faster?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts