1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
good point abbey lol :-D

·
Registered
805 Posts
ive been up there to help announce a few times and believe me its a load of fun :-D

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The worst thing about them is that they scream their heads off. And when they aren't doing that, the whistle and try and sing, and it makes me want to leave altogether. ANNOYING AS HELL!!! :smt013

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Gary Abbey said:
Id like to try it once,if al tucci can do it anybody can. :-D
Tucci is a Pro at it.....Patrick Budd and I filled in at the CFSCS for a few minutes.....then I saw Chris Biro running down the hall like Pig Vomit on the Howard Stern Movie....I knew then I wasn't as good as I could have been.....Last Year at CFSCS Ted P. ....the numbers guy :roll: ....also did a good job

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jg said:
I agree, sometimes they ramble, and sometimes they get mixed up. However, its alot harder then you guys think. You guys should try it?
I have raced in FFW and the NMRA at some different tracks, and those announcers were just fine. I know it isn't easy, but c'mon.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I do all the announcing for the UTL events at Milan and unless you know the cars or all the tech cars were entered into the computer so you know who the drivers are it is pretty hard to fill the dead air when on the mic.

tuuch does a great job, he knows alot of the racers and alot of info on the cars wich helps him out so much....

but like JG said its not as easy as it sounds

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I think "Howdy" would make a good annoucer for Heads up fri night, That guy knows just about everybody and can trash whith the best of them!!!

Back in the good street racing days he would have everyone laughing there ass off :smt005

A good annoucer is one that is not scared to trash the 2 guys on the starting line or the people standing any where near the starting line!!! :-D

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
annoucer's trashing racer's and people? Come on thats BS,thats pour anouncing. Al tucci is so,so,he talks to much of the past and who used to own what car. :smt015

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Gary Abbey said:
annoucer's trashing racer's and people? Come on thats BS,thats pour anouncing. Al tucci is so,so,he talks to much of the past and who used to own what car. :smt015
I'm not saying to bash them just a little freindly trashing just like what goes on here that's all :-D

Al does a great job, it's not his fault he only has 3 racers in each class in the NSCA the only thing there is to talk about is the past when it comes to the NSCA :lol:

·
Registered
635 Posts
al does do a great job he is fun to listen to in the videos :smt005

1 - 17 of 17 Posts