Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wreck. Hope the driver was ok. That was one extremly nice car really hate to see anything like this with that car.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,686 Posts
Man I'll tell you What , its Stuff like this Happening that makes me want to buy back my 11.40 Engine and Let it be 120 mph as Good enough as it gets. Dave I hope your okay in all ways man what a Devistating Blow he hadn't even got her tuned In, again if I can Help let me know

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That sux.... glad he is OK.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that hope ur ok tho

·
Registered
809 Posts
Does it look to anyone else that the Mustang made a move at the same spot?
Darrin didn't say a word about the car moving, that was the best pass of the night. Dave tookout the 1/8mile sensor and took out the timer we had no slip past the 1/8.

·
Super Moderator
34,776 Posts
The concensus is that the diagonal link broke in the ladder bars, the rear shifted over and the tire caught the quarter, this is about where the car heads for the centerline, and when the tire caught on the quarter it stuffed the car to the left and into the wall.... said he felt like something threw one side of the car up off the ground prior to making the hard left.

Thankfully Dave was okay. He's a pretty well built guy and I'm sure tha helped a lot....... that second hit looked harder than the first.... last guy I know who did almost that exact same thing with hitting 2 walls(Todd Goodwin), broke his neck.

Don't know what Daves plans are at this point. I'm sure he'll chime in eventually. I'm sure he's pretty sore today.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.