Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Call Hyperactive, they have them. Keep in mind, your going to need a specialized crimper for that type of connector if your building your own harness.

Pat

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I sell a deutsch bulkhead connector. Uses the same pins as the standard deutsch connector (like MSD). You can use the same tool as a weatherpack connector.

Dennis

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I sell a deutsch bulkhead connector. Uses the same pins as the standard deutsch connector (like MSD). You can use the same tool as a weatherpack connector.

Dennis
I use the Deutsh connectors at work all the time, but the crimpers are special, the terminal is round , what kind are talking about, please post a pic

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
See Picture below. Deutsch connectors use either a round pin (as you are using) or a pin simular to a weather pak pin.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
$80 for a male and female with pins. 23 position.

Dennis

What is the price for a set of male and female retail for ?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
$80 for a male and female with pins. 23 position.

Dennis
will theweather pac pins work in the connectors that come with the round pins ? if so i can use them at home no problem, I have the packard crimpers for them, but I dont think that i can borrow the ones for the round connectors from work

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
It doesn't use the weather pak pins. It has pins that crimp like the weather pak pins.

will theweather pac pins work in the connectors that come with the round pins ? if so i can use them at home no problem, I have the packard crimpers for them, but I dont think that i can borrow the ones for the round connectors from work

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sorry - Misunderstood. Yes - the connector is the same.

but the conector is the same ? if so i can just order pins, rather that take the shop plires home

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I would solder the connections along with crimping them, not a huge amount but just enough to "tin" the crimped connection. Of course you don't want to solder the tangs that lock the pin in the main connector body. But this is just my opinion though. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
what up mr knighton??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Dennis, would you use the type of connector that you sell to power up nitrous solenoids or would you run a wire direct from the relay to the solenoid? How big of wire can you use on the mil spec type connector? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dennis, would you use the type of connector that you sell to power up nitrous solenoids or would you run a wire direct from the relay to the solenoid? How big of wire can you use on the mil spec type connector? Thanks in advance.
I use all of my connectors to power the nitrous solenoids. They can handle up to a 14 ga wire, but for a NOS solenoid a 16ga wire would be fine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts