Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Bo_XEYOeg

Several observations:

Long burnouts. It takes Mike Hill more than 30 seconds to back up from the burnout. In fact, from the time he stops at the end of the burnout, until they stage and race, two minutes and twenty seconds elapse. Why so long? It almost defeats the purpose of the burnout. Maybe this extended time is prearranged to allow for final betting to take place.

A Cup team can change four tires, dump in twenty gallons of fuel, clean the windshield, and put in a turn of wedge - all in a matter of seconds. So I ask you, what's taking so long in this video?

I haven't seen that many people on a starting line since an AHRA national event in 1972.

At the end of Mike Hill's burnout, one of the fellas near the camera declares, "This my ***** he-ah."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Probably the same reason they race 500 miles or whatever in NASCAR - cause it makes for a longer show. God knows we could pile up 40 stock cars in a lot less than 4 hours.

When I managed Eddyville Raceway Park, I always told our booked-in match racers to do big burnouts, back up slow, take a while staging and in the right situation to do dry hops, clean off the tires, talk to the crew chief or whatever - just to make it more dramatic and exciting for the fans.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Probably the same reason they race 500 miles or whatever in NASCAR - cause it makes for a longer show. God knows we could pile up 40 stock cars in a lot less than 4 hours.

When I managed Eddyville Raceway Park, I always told our booked-in match racers to do big burnouts, back up slow, take a while staging and in the right situation to do dry hops, clean off the tires, talk to the crew chief or whatever - just to make it more dramatic and exciting for the fans.
Thats something you don't see anymore:(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah they did take a while but it was a match race. But if you have ever been to an ORSCA or outlaw race down south those guys usually take a while to stage with all the purging etc. I recorded a video in Huntsville and I swear Rob Hale purged his systems 12 times! granted most of them run 4 systems but man I was like wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts