Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank Mike Barry and his awesome crew for waiting for me when by all rights he could have taken the round win yesterday, Mike is a great sportsman and it was neat for my kids and crew to see that, as well as many others who came up to me and made sure I knew. Mike, I owe you one!!

Also thanks to my crew (jazz, muttley, Ellyn), awesome Cecil crew and Jace, Steve Drummond, Paulie, and many others.... It was a blur of activity!! apologize to fellow ultra racers for holding up the show.... I think my lithium battery is shot.... Going back to AGM for now!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
That was an awesome display of sportsmanship!! I was sitting right at the wall in the burnout box and when I saw the sweet pair of 65's pull up I was all excited. Then when the GTO wouldnt start I think I was madder than the crew! I started yelling someone give him a jump box!!!
You guys gave the fans what they wanted!!! It was a cool pairing and a great race!!

That was a classy move by mike!!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
ABSOLUTELY....

A lot of guys can learn a lot from people like Mike Barry....

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
ABSOLUTELY....

A lot of guys can learn a lot from people like Mike Barry....
Like how to get an awesome haircut!

That was awesome seeing that, good job Mike!

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
What else would you expect from a guy who has the symmetrically perfect flat-top on the planet!

Great guy!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I wanted to thank Mike Barry and his awesome crew for waiting for me when by all rights he could have taken the round win yesterday, Mike is a great sportsman and it was neat for my kids and crew to see that, as well as many others who came up to me and made sure I knew. Mike, I owe you one!!

Also thanks to my crew (jazz, muttley, Ellyn), awesome Cecil crew and Jace, Steve Drummond, Paulie, and many others.... It was a blur of activity!! apologize to fellow ultra racers for holding up the show.... I think my lithium battery is shot.... Going back to AGM for now!

Thanks John, I felt it was the right thing to do....I did'nt even hesitate when the offical said I could go to line & take the tree...I said "nope..I want to race em, push me back fellas !!" That was a great side by side pass everyone, he got me with a 5.16 to my 5.21....but it was no more then a 1/2 cars length at the stripe !!

Thanks to my crew Mary Jane & Amanda (mother & neice) for there help as well as Steve Drummond, Doc Boy (Greg), Paulie and Dominic for there help in getting my battery charged back up while we sat waiting (I had started & ran my car several times all ready while waiting for John).

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it's nice to know stuff like this senerio dosnt go unoticed.:)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I was watching the live feed and saw this. As mentioned before, you showed true sportsmanship. It was cool to see the two cars lined up against one another.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
WELL DONE MIKE!!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I like the way you roll Mike!!! I would have done the same, rather win on the track than in the staging lanes if that option is availible. Sometimes its catastrophic and can't be avoided.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts