Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the PSCA event this weekend at Fontana, Accufab customer Gary Soulage brought his Ford Lightning pick-up down from the San Francisco area to have some fun. This truck has a little 281" Ford twin turbo mod motor out of our shop. Gary is not yet up to speed on the driving duties (not licensed yet) so John Mihovetz took it through for some test runs. The engine is still having some issues with head gaskets but even though it was down on HP, John managed a 7.82 at 185 MPH, which pretty much busted both ends of the Lightning record.

Here is a video interview that Jimmy Biggs did on this truck when we were up in Las Vegas.

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/recentvideos/8/efaa55b0-413e-4610-83b7-9a8f0096a8e6.htm

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were down on HP a lot this weekend on the truck. Only 35# of boost max and we had it set for the usual 48#-52#. We had some head gasket issues on two holes. Also, we had some turbos on it that were not as efficient as the ones we have on the Cougar. An older design that we had laying around, good enough to sort the truck out but not what we can really want once the thing settles down. This is only the second time it's ever gone down the track. And this truck needs the 5-speed Lenco. It's very lazy out of the hole, we have a 4-speed Lenco in it at the moment and John thinks it needs the extra gear.

John tells me that this truck is capable of going 7.0's.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
So how do you define that record? What if it is a tube truck with a Lightning body, will it still count? Just curious, not trying to start shit.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
This truck is a tube frame with a Lightning body. To my knowledge, there is no "offical record" since there are no "official rules" or definition as to what is a "Lightning".
Just checking. I think it is awesome and I know John is the king of mod motors. So I figured I would ask. Congrats and tell him to keep it up!!

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Between running the Cougar and messing with this truck, John is balancing three different girl friends right now. "Keeping it up" is becoming an increasing problem for John lately.
Lol, well you have had that problem for a few decades so I am sure you can offer the cure.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Jimmy B. In the photo above, notice in the background that Olsmobile ambulance. "Nurse Ratchet" was in the house. For those that have never seen that thing, it has a very serious big block Chevy installed behind the front seat, where the stretcher used to be. It must weight a million pounds but it hauls ass.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I found your picture sitting in the truck Jimmy before they changed the hood!!! lol

Hey Jimmy did you get any Video of my burn out & pass @ PINKS by any chance against Alex?? let me know buddy!
I pulled in the track and saw your chute opened...... I was tied up on Saturday and barely made it up there..... Sorry .... it was a shitty weekend for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.