Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes. I'm starting to gather parts for my TBSS project and am planning to with a mid moint turbo setup. Engine will be an aluminum 6.2 LS with ported 823 heads. Trans is a 4l80e with a NP261 manual shift transfer case behind it. Truck is currently AWD and I'm gonna keep it that way with the new t case but also be able to run in 2wd as well. So I'm up in the air as to where to go with turbo,sizing. Would like to make 1000+ up when cranked up. Steve morris has a very similar combo and used an 83mm Bullseye unit with obviously great results. Does anyone know more about these bullseye turbos? I know its their street billet series but mainly have questions on the hotside. In lics I jave of Steves setup it has a v band inlet on the turbine housing and Id like to stay with that as I like the setup that way for cleanliness and ease of fab. So what would everyone recommend for hotside sizing? T-4 or T6? And obviously what AR for each? Not stuck on Bullseye stuff either. Open to suggestions on other brands too. What does the YB collective think?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Believe the bullseye stuff is s400 based so theres 83,87,96 mm turbines. Maybe something custom is available from them, should call and ask

Their wheels seem to work well and make power. 83 should make 1000+, i’d probab Lean towards the 96mm turbine and a t6, and let it eat. If more response is needed, maybe smaller turbine side and t4 but may restrict your power capability. The 96mm t6 has done 1000whp on 6.0’s as front mount, so midmount should act like a smaller motor as exhaust gas energy is less the further back you go or the cooler you allow it to get

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,352 Posts
call bill devine at bullseye hes a member here also but cant think of his sn right now. they make different wheels,they are borg based..a s484 billet t4 deal should get you close to 1k..your going to have more drive line loss clearly so that number..twins might be easier for you to do vs a big single..something like twin 7665s with .68 a/r would probably work well..like said above you have to factor in the extra distance,heat loss an not as much drive pressure..id keep the exh small as you can like 2" if doing twins an 2.5" if your doing a Y off the headers to a single.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There is only so much room under there so physical turbo sizing will be a concern. Mine is 2wd with a small turbo and there isn't a ton of space. Plus you have to support all that weight which can be awkward given the layout. If you can stay t4 and meet your goals, it will be easier to package. Dual 2" merging to 2.5" on the hot side should get you there.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
There is only so much room under there so physical turbo sizing will be a concern. Mine is 2wd with a small turbo and there isn't a ton of space. Plus you have to support all that weight which can be awkward given the layout. If you can stay t4 and meet your goals, it will be easier to package. Dual 2" merging to 2.5" on the hot side should get you there.
and to the OP... thats why i posted a pic with the tape measure. you are better off looking at a C5 style twin turbo set up, where they are midmount in place of the cat's where you will have room for the physical turbo's. a big single up in the cabin makes no sense, and adding another 14' of exhaust sounds silly on paper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts